Re: faq server poster restarted

---------

David Alex Lamb (dalamb@cs.queensu.ca)
Sat, 18 Dec 1999 08:53:45 -0500 (EST)

> From: "Paul Hilling" <p.hilling@bigfoot.com>
> Date: Sat, 18 Dec 1999 08:04:23 -0000
>
> >From: David Alex Lamb <dalamb@cs.queensu.ca>
> >I wasn't sure of which FAQ Yves meant, but esperanto/spamo says:
> >The status of the esperanto/spamo posting is as follows:
>
> I should mention, that I also haven't seen the Alt.Tv.Xena FAQ either as
> well. Is this part of a wider problem?

Dec 13, when the problems were (apparently) fixed, the faq server poster
either didn't run, or, when it did run, thought it was successfully posting
when it wasn't. In particular, several of Yves were "posted" on Dec 8, but
not really. Yves issued FORCE commands on his two FAQs yesteday, and it was
posted last night and appeared in news.answers this morning.

So, although things work now, a lot of FAQs didn't actually get posted on
time, even though the server thinks they were posted.

They should therefore all get posted at their normal "next" cycle, or when
y'all choose to issue a FORCE. I'd recommend waiting to avoid another big
crush of postings but feel free to FORCE if you like. In theory it should be
possible to deduce which FAQs were affected, from the post_faq.config file at
MIT, and issue appropriate FORCE from there automagically -- but a FORCE
changes when in the month your FAQ gets posted, and I'm not sure if everyone
would be grateful for such a hack.

© Copyright The Internet FAQ Consortium, 1997
All rights reserved