Re: [faq-maintainers] Re: RFC violations of this list software

---------

Joshua D. Baer (Josh@SKYLIST.net)
Tue, 1 Sep 1998 20:35:33 -0500

On 9/1/98, Edward Reid <edward@paleo.org> wrote:

>However, this also proves that Josh did NOT turn off the
>substitution. JOSH!

I never said that I had turned it off. I just turned off the thing which
adds the footer with that tag in it to the bottom of every message. With
this version, it is not possible to turn the substitution off.

A pre-beta of Lyris was just released yesterday which DOES allow me to turn
that off. As soon as I see that this version has survived real-world testing
I will be installing it on the Consensus server and disabling the
substitutions (the new version also fixes the Received and Message-ID
headers).

~Josh

Joshua D. Baer SKYLIST.net
<mailto:Josh@SKYLIST.net> Virtual Communities
<phone:412.422.4004> <http://www.SKYLIST.net/>

But I've bought a big bat. I'm all ready, you see.
Now my troubles are going to have trouble with me.
- Dr. Seuss

© Copyright The Internet FAQ Consortium, 1997
All rights reserved