Original Text
From: "D. Kirkpatrick" <aeon@tiac.net>, on 98/03/31 11:02 PM:
To: smtp@Services@HR.NH.SMTP.1["News FAQ List Server"
<FAQ-Maintainers@consensus.com>]

Greetings Folks

I just tried the FAQ mail-to-news server for the first time and got a
command line error. The result was a bounce back at me.

I followed the FAQ server help file (read it 4 times) so I'm a bit
puzzled.

This is my first submission to the FAQ server and once accepted it will
be part 1 of a multi-part FAQ that I need to add-to.

Following the how-to I posted:

ADD password interval parent-archive-name

--specifivally for the rec.nude newsgroup I used:

ADD recnudefaq 30 nude-faq/part1

Note that the primary and secondary headers were installed in the message
body Ok, separated by a single line. The actual text of the FAQ was also
separated by a single line (see below). All header parts and archive
names have been previously approved. All FAQ text was sent as plain
ascii as a part of the message body.

I'm wondering if the FWD slash or the hyphen in the archive name is the
problem?

Here is what came back........