Re: Fwd: Re: cmsg cancel <business-basic/faq_864291522@rtfm.mit.edu>

---------

Zefram (zefram@dcs.warwick.ac.uk)
Fri, 23 May 1997 22:27:39 +0100 (BST)

Chris Lewis wrote:
>Through the use of PGPMoose, you could PGP sign each article posted by
>the FAQ autoposter engine, and use the PGPMoose servers to nuke bogus
>copies. As for cancels, if I can determine how to figure out that
>a cancel is bogus, I can get Dave the Resurrector to repost them.

I see two obvious algorithms. Firstly, news.answers could simply be
declared a cancel-free zone, as news.admin.* already is, hence all cancels
are bogus (except for legitimate spam cancels, obviously). The second
possibility is that a cancel is bogus if it is for a PGP-signed article
and is not itself PGP-signed with the same key.

Are these ideas practical?

-zefram