Re: Postings

---------

Pamela Greene (pgreene@optics.rochester.edu)
Sat, 1 Apr 1995 18:23:30 -0500 (EST)

Monee Kidd wrote:
> It's now been two months since I orginally submitted my FAQs for approval. I
> don't have a problem waiting if the reviewers are swamped, [...]

Yes, the message queue is very long, about two months right now,
though some "easy" things, like joining this mailing list, have been
getting processed faster.

> Maybe I didn't read the instructions right. Was I supposed to cross post my
> FAQs to the moderated *.news groups and wait for them to send it back to me
> with the appropriate approved headers, [...]

Read the Guidelines posted in news.answers (and available by FTP at
the rtfm.mit.edu archive) and modify your message's headers to conform
to them. Then send the whole thing, text and headers, to the address
given in those Guidelines, where it will join the end of the queue.
An auto-responder has recently been set up which should let you know
your submission has been received.

--
- Pam Greene         ==> Ferret Central has moved! <==
Tell your friends, tell your neighbors, and change your links to