Re: Internet Info CDROM (fwd)

---------

Joe Sewell (jsewell@iu.net)
Sat, 17 Dec 1994 13:05:06 +0000

At 8:39 AM 12/15/94 -0600, Craig A. Finseth wrote:
>More seriously, I think it behooves us all to realize that (1) this is
>an entirely new area which does not have clearly-defined norms of
>behavior and (2) when we actually figure out the norms, they may well
>be in murky shades of gray and not in black-and-white.

Those who plan on pursuing this argument need to be very careful for that
very reason. If we decide on how to treat this now, with our relatively
knee-jerk reactions, we are locking ourselves into a wave of precedents
which we may never be able to free ourselves from, should the need arise in
the future.

Joe
Author, alt.tv.sentai Intro FAQ
(which may be made officially public domain after this brouhaha)

Joe Sewell       * What's the point in being *  Internet: jsewell@iu.net
                 * grown up if you can't act *       CIS: 74136,360
Is reality merely* childish?                 *       AOL: JoeS10
virtual fantasy? *              - The Doctor *   Fidonet: 1:374/328.7