Patent application title: Handheld swiveling toy device
Ronald H. Berthiaume (Salisbury, VT, US)
IPC8 Class: AA63H3300FI
Class name: Amusement devices: toys including sliding or guiding element or portion
Publication date: 2011-02-24
Patent application number: 20110045738
A handheld swiveling toy device consisting of a lightweight solid bobble
component affixed to one end of an elongated, semi-rigid, elongated,
lightweight rod unit being bent near the second end thereof with the bent
portion thereof insertable within and through a smooth walled bushing
unit press fitted onto a centrally positioned through hole within a
handle component held in a person's hand, and; with the bobble component,
rod unit and handle component being monoplanarly positioned at all times
relative to one another.
4. A handheld swiveling toy device comprising:a. a lightweight, solid bobble component of any shape;b. a closed hole within said bobble component;c. an elongated semi-rigid, lightweight rod unit;d. a first end of said rod unit being affixed to said bobble component within said closed hole;e. said rod unit being bent at a right angle near a second end thereof;f. a handle component;g. a centrally positioned through hole within and through the whole of said handle component;h. a smooth walled bushing unit being press fitted into said centrally positioned through hole;i. a bent portion of said rod unit being insertable within said bushing unit, and, accordingly through said centrally positioned through hole, and;j. said bobble component, said rod unit and said handle component being at all times only monoplanarly positioned relative to one another.
5. The handheld swiveling toy device of claim 4, whereby, a washer unit with diameter in excess of a diameter of said centrally positioned through hole is affixed to an edge portion of said second end of said rod unit.
CROSS REFERENCES TO PRIOR OR PARENT APPLICATIONS
There are no prior or parent applications involving the instant invention.
FEDERALLY SPONSORED RESEARCH AND DEVELOPMENT
There is no federally sponsored research and development involving the instant invention.
BACKGROUND OF THE INVENTION
1. Field of the Invention
The instant invention relates to those sorts of devices such as toys that serve to provide entertainment to persons such as children.
2. Art Information Statement
Art that is perhaps similar to, but, which does not anticipate the instant invention is as is set forth in and within the Informational Disclosure Statement submitted herewith.
A SUMMARY OF THE INVENTION
A Brief Description of the Invention:
The invention consists of a lightweight solid bobble component made up of, for example, styrofoam material which is held by a thin elongated semi-ridged, typically metallic rod, one end of which is affixed into a closed hole located within the bobble component. Near the other end of the rod is a right angled bend in the rod such that the bent portion of the rod is amenable to insertion into and through a smooth walled bushing unit press fitted to the inner walling of a centrally positioned through hole found within a cylindrically shaped typically wooden handle component. Optionally affixable to the extreme edging of this other end of the rod is a flat washer unit serving to hold the once inserted rod in place within the center through hole of the handle component.
The Object of the Invention:
The invention serves to usefully provide leisure time enjoyment to persons, particularly young children. Such persons can hold the wholly assembled invention and be entertained for prolonged periods of time as they are then able to watch the solid component at the end of the rod move either rightwardly or leftwardly or also bobble up and down.
A person holding the invention will find himself or herself able to think commands with his or her mind impartable subtly to the hand holding the invention that are then able to cause the solid component to swivel either partially or wholly rightwardly or leftwardly or alternatively to bobble upwardly or downwardly.
In the foregoing respects, the invention is not merely useful but is indeed also truly new and unique.
A DESCRIPTION OF THE DRAWINGS
1. FIG. 1 shows the fully assembled invention being held within the hand of a person.
2. FIG. 2 shows the rod unit and bobble component of the invention swiveling leftwardly.
3. FIG. 3 shows the rod unit and bobble component of the invention bobbling upwardly after downwardly.
4. FIG. 4 is an exploded view of the various parts of the invention.
5. FIG. 5 is an isolated perspective view of the intact invention evidencing the mononplanarity of the elements thereof.
A DESCRIPTION OF THE PREFERRED EMBODIMENT
The invention as shown in FIG. 1 consists of lightweight solid bobble component 1 that can be of any shape such as being in the shape of a sphere or a cube or any other shape either regular or irregular. Bobble component 1 has a closed hole 2 within it that serves to facilitate affixation of the end 8 of a thin, elongated typically semi-rigid metallic rod unit 3 to and within bobble component 1. Rod unit 3 could however also be made up of a lightweight plastic material as well. Near the second end 9 of rod unit 3 is a right angled bend 4. The bent portion of rod unit 3 is inserted into and through a smooth walled bushing unit 10 press fitted to the walling of centrally positioned through hole 5 found within typically wooden cylindrically shaped handholdable handle component 6. The presence of bushing unit 10 serves to greatly reduce friction as between the bent portion of rod unit 3 and what would be walling of through hole 5 to thereby greatly enhance the operability of the invention. Handle component 6 could be in the shape of a rectangular solid as well, though such shaping might prove to be less comfortable within the hand A of a person B holding the intact invention during use as shown in FIG. 1 or FIG. 2. Moreover, handle component 6 could be made up of a solid material other than wood such as, for example, a durable plastic. FIG. 4 depicts in exploded view, all of the component parts of the invention as well as specifically bend 4 along with handle component 6 together with hole 5 located therein. Optional washer unit 7 affixed as, for example, by spot welding in the case of a metallic rod unit 3 or by simply adhesive material such as a durable glue in the case of a plastic metallic rod unit 3, to the extreme edge of the second end 9 thereof serves to prevent any inadvertent separation of rod unit 2 from handle component 6. Also, a closed nut could readily function to accomplish the same purpose, once affixed to the extreme edge of end 9 of rod unit 3. FIG. 2 shows the intact invention in use by a person B holding it is shown with his or her hand A. In FIG. 2, swiveling leftwardly movement of solid component 1 is seen together with concomitantly swiveling leftwardly movement of elongated rod unit 3. FIG. 3 shows upwardly after downwardly bobbling of bobble component 1 concomitant with similar movement of rod unit 3. Also, finally, resort to FIG. 5 provides one with a ready appreciation of the fact that the instant invention is characterized by monoplanarity at all times only within a solitary either stationary or swiveling plane 11 therein shown as respects the relative position of bobble component 1, rod unit 3 and handle component 6. This fact serves to hallmark the inherently unique simplicity of the invention.
In closing, a facility of the invention for providing no small measure of a goodly amount of entertainment during use especially to young children serves to render the invention not merely new, useful and unique but indeed veritably revolutionary within the art of toy devices.