See also 210. HONORS and REGALIA .
- a written or spoken passage conveying disapproval or censure. Cf. eulogy. —dyslogist, n. —dyslogistic, dyslogistical, adj.
- formal praise; an elaborate or ceremonial panegyric or eulogy. — encomiast, n. — encomiastic, adj.
- a written or spoken passage conveying approval, praise, and laudation, often of someone who has just died. Cf. dyslogy —eulogistic, eulogistical, adj. —eulogist, n.
- 1. a formal speech of praise.
- 2. any form of enthusiastic praise. — panegyric, panegyrical, adj. —panegyrist, n.