See also 422. WISDOM .
- the state or quality of being like a cow or ox, especially in the sense of being dull, stolid, and slow-witted. —bovine , adj.
- Medicine. a congenital deficiency of thyroid secretion causing deformity and idiocy. —cretinoid, cretinous , adj.
- 1. the condition of an idiot, especially an extreme degree of mental deficiency, usually a mental age of less than three or four years; idiocy.
- 2. idiotic conduct or action, especially in a normal person. —idiotie , adj.
- the condition of being slow or mentally deficiënt. —moronic , adj.
- Rare. foolish talk or babble.