See also 202. HEIGHTS .
- bathometer, bathymeter
- Oceanography. a device for ascertaining the depth of water.
- a device for ascertaining vertical currents in the deeper parts of the sea.
- the measurement of the depths of oceans, seas, or other large bodies of water. — bathymetric, bathymetrical. adj.
- bathyscaphe, bathyscape, bathyscaph
- Oceanography. a small, modified submarine for deep-sea exploration, usually having a spherical observation chamber fixed under a buoyancy chamber.
- Oceanography. a spherical diving apparatus from which to study deep-sea life.
- a device that records the temperature of water as a reflex of depth.
- 1. the depths or bottom of the sea.
- 2. organic life that inhabits the bottom of the sea.
- an apparatus for surveying the depths or bottom of the sea.