See also 175. GAMBLING .
- the doctrine that events are ruled by chance.
- a chance happening. See also 223. INJURY .
- a chance happening or coincidence. See also 4. AGREEMENT .
- the doctrine that chance is involved in natural events rather than absolute determinism. See also 147. EVOLUTION . — fortuist , n .
- a chance event, discovery, or occurrence. — fortuitousness , n. — fortuitous , adj .
- the condition of being uncertain or unstable. — lubricious , adj .
- a talent for making fortunate discoveries while searching for other things. — serendipitous , adj .