See also 225. INSECTS .
- formicary, formicarium
- the dwelling of a colony of ants, as an anthill or nest.
- a body sensation that feels as if ants are crawling over the skin.
- the branch of entomology that studies ants. — myrmecologist, n. — myrmecologic, myrmecological, adj.
- myrmecophilism, myrmecophily
- the dependence upon or attraction to ants exhibited by certain plants and insects. — myrmecophile, n. — myrmecophilous, adj,
- 1. an abnormal fear of ants.
- 2. the repelling of ants by some plants through hairs or glands. — myrmecophobic, adj.
- communal life, such as that of ants, in which colonies of different species live together but do not share the raising of the young.