See reader questions & answers on this topic! - Help others by sharing your knowledge
From: Bill Nelson and Mike Walton (blackeagle@hcc-uky.campus.mci.net)
Date: 5 May 1996

Q. "I trade patches and other Scouting memorabilia.  I
want to post my wants list and perhaps also sell some
of my extra Scouting items.  How do I do this, and which
group(s) is/are appropriate for this?"

A.  1. Describe EXACTLY what you have.  Don't use abreviations
or slang terms for your items, many people may not be understand
them.

2.  Describe WHAT you want in trade for the item(s).
Money, patches in trade, or whatever.

3.  Post YOUR email address and ASK THAT PEOPLE INTERESTED
IN YOUR ITEM(S) PLEASE REPLY TO *YOU* INSTEAD OF THE NEWSGROUP.

If you only want USA respondents, post it to rec.scouting.usa;
if you only want Girl Guide/Scouting respondents, post it to
rec.scouting.girl+guide; if you want WORLDWIDE respondents,
post it to rec.scouting.misc.

Do not cross-post within rec.scouting.*
and do not post the advertisement more than once a month).

There's also a Patch-L  mailing list that you might
want to send your information to. (For more info on subscribing
to that list, refer to FAQ #5.)

User Contributions:

Comment about this article, ask questions, or add new information about this topic:

Top Document: [rec.scouting.*] Newsgroups Help and Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ 1)
Previous Document: How do I let Scouts and Scouters know where my site is?
Next Document: What are the copyright laws?

Single Page

[ Usenet FAQs | Web FAQs | Documents | RFC Index ]

Send corrections/additions to the FAQ Maintainer:
nelsonb@aztec.asu.edu (BILL NELSON)

Last Update March 27 2014 @ 02:12 PM