Search the FAQ Archives

3 - A - B - C - D - E - F - G - H - I - J - K - L - M
N - O - P - Q - R - S - T - U - V - W - X - Y - Z - Internet FAQ Archives

alt.guitar.rickenbacker Frequently Asked Questions
Section - 5.7 How can I get "The Sound" without owning a 370/12 RM?

( Single Page )
[ Usenet FAQs | Web FAQs | Documents | RFC Index | Cities ]

Top Document: alt.guitar.rickenbacker Frequently Asked Questions
Previous Document: 5.6 How does the serial number system work? My guitar (or bass) has serial number XX-1234. What year was it made?
Next Document: 5.8 How do I care for my Ric's finish?
See reader questions & answers on this topic! - Help others by sharing your knowledge
   "I think an external compressor is a better solution anyway.
    It gives you more options. I have a DBX MC6 Mini-Comp that allows me to
    adjust the Threshold, Ratio, Attack, Release, and Output Gain
    individually, select a hard or "soft" compression knee, or use auto
    programmed presets (vocal or instrument); and I'm not limited to having
    it on just one guitar."

  [John Sessoms,, 5/22/1998]

   "I'll vouch for Boss compressors, too, although I don't use the current 

    Some people still swear by the old MXR Dyna Comp, though.

    Me, I've been using the old Boss CS-1 for eons.  60dBs compression with a 
    treble-enhance mode switch.  (Musta had the Byrds in mind when they 
    designed it.)"

   [Tomcat,, 5/21/1998]

User Contributions:

Comment about this article, ask questions, or add new information about this topic: