Next Document: 02.13 Is there a patch to fix this or that?
From: Ted Remillard <tedr at hood.sd.com>
Date: 24 Jun 1996 08:53:42 -0700

  You can get MH to stop managing the headers and let the email server
  to do it. To do this, build MH with the options DUMB and REALLYDUMB.
  In the $MHLIB/mts.conf (mtstailor) file, set the server option to
  the IP address of the email server. After this is done, MH sends
  email directly to the email server and Local email To: and From:
  fields just have the user's simple email address, e.g., <fred>, and
  the remote email From: header will contain user@domainname, e.g.,
  <fred@sd.com>.

  Don't forget to define the REALLYDUMB option in the file
  sbr/addrsbr.c described below.

From: Bret Rothenberg <bretr at endeavour.exar.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 1996 12:25:24 -0800 (PST)

  Yes, use the "localname" parameter in "$MHLIB/mts.conf" (mtstailor)
  to specify the desired hostname.

From: Ken Hornstein <kenh at cmf.nrl.navy.mil>
Date: 18 Aug 1995 23:51:48 -0400

  If you're behind a firewall and sendmail gives you fits because MH
  adds the node name or site name to each address in the To: and CC:
  fields, you'll need to modify the MH source.

  The relevant source has to do with the REALLYDUMB option in
  sbr/addrsbr.c. Essentially what you need to do is set it up so
  REALLYDUMB is turned on (normally, it's turned off if you have MMDF
  or SMTP turned on). This will do what you want. I did this at our
  site, and it's been working great. The stuff for REALLYDUMB starts
  around line 613.

Previous Document: 02.11 How can I build MH on HP-UX?
Next Document: 02.13 Is there a patch to fix this or that?