Next Document: 01.09 What is the copyright status of nmh?
Date: 7 Jul 1995 10:03:50 GMT

  The unrmail function will convert rmail format to mbox format.

From: Jerry Peek <jpeek at jpeek.com>
Date: Fri, 1 Mar 1991 13:03:15 -0800

  If you use one of a mail agent like 'mail', 'mailx', 'elm' or
  'mush', converting to MH is easy. When you run the 'inc' command, it
  reads all new messages from the system mailbox into your 'inbox'
  folder. Those mail agents also have separate files or "folders" that
  hold messages in the same format as the system mailbox. You can read
  them with the 'inc -file' command. For example, to read the messages
  from your 'mbox' mail file into your MH 'inbox' folder, you'd type:

    % cd
    % cp mbox mbox.backup
    % inc -file mbox

  If you see the usual "Incorporating new mail into inbox..." message
  and a scan listing, the messages probably were converted. Read some
  or all of them (with the 'show' command) and be sure. The 'inc'
  won't remove your mbox unless you use '-truncate'.

From: "Jason R. Mastaler" <jason at Mastaler.COM>
Date: Mon, 1 May 1995 00:00:00 -0800

  You can also specify an alternate folder to inc. Here's how you can
  convert all your folders en masse:

    for arg in `cat flist`; do
	echo "converting $arg"
	inc +"$arg" -file "$arg" -silent
    done

  Section D.4 of the MH book's second edition lists two scripts to
  convert mail files to MH folders: babyl2mh to convert from rmail's
  BABYL format; vmsmail2mh to convert from VMS's mail (see "What
  references exist for MH") to see where the book's examples can be
  ftped from). These scripts aren't in the third edition but are in
  its archive file.

From: Vivek Khera <khera at cs.duke.edu>
Date: Fri, 1 Jan 1993 00:00:00 -0800

  I rewrote the above script in Perl since the original script doesn't
  work for some people (see "babyl2mh.pl" below).

From: Juergen Nickelsen <nickel at cs.tu-berlin.de>
Date: Fri, 1 Jan 1993 00:00:00 -0800

  You can remove the second to last second line ("> $input"), so that
  the script doesn't zero out your RMAIL file.

  Another alternative is to replace this line with "inc -file $tmpmbox
  $folder && > $input", so that the RMAIL is only zeroed if inc
  successfully incorporated the mail. Finally one could add a switch
  -z, so that the RMAIL file is only zeroed if the switch is given.
  (See "Appendix inco".)

Date: Sun, 1 May 1994 00:00:00 -0800

  Use the following to convert a BABYL format file to Unix mail
  format.

    ftp://inf.informatik.uni-stuttgart.de/pub/gnu/emacs_extras/
      6k

  See also MH book second edition (Appendix D).

Previous Document: 01.07 How should I report bugs?
Next Document: 01.09 What is the copyright status of nmh?