Search the FAQ Archives

3 - A - B - C - D - E - F - G - H - I - J - K - L - M
N - O - P - Q - R - S - T - U - V - W - X - Y - Z - Internet FAQ Archives

[misc.immigration.canada] Frequently Asked Questions (02/98)
Section - 32. I am a Canadian PR. Do I need a visa to go to the US?

( Single Page )
[ Usenet FAQs | Web FAQs | Documents | RFC Index | Forum ]

Top Document: [misc.immigration.canada] Frequently Asked Questions (02/98)
Previous Document: 31. I have been called to an interview. There is a list of=20 original documents I am asked to take, some of which I already=20
Next Document: 33. I am a Canadian PR. Can I work in the US? What about NAFTA?
See reader questions & answers on this topic! - Help others by sharing your knowledge
Being a Canadian PR does not, in itself, provide you with special status
with respect to the US authorities.  There are two groups of people who
can enter the US without a visa: Landed Immigrants who ALSO are the citizens
of a Country in the Commonwealth (or Ireland), and citizens of countries=20
participating in the Visa Waiver Pilot Program (VWPP).

To enter the US under the exemption for Commonwealth (or Irish) citizens,=20
a person must present his passport and proof of his Landed Immigrant status,=
at the port of entry.

To enter the US under the VWPP, a person must present his passport, a=20
return transportation ticket good for travel within 90 days (if entering by
If entering by car, no return ticket is required), and a completed I-94W=20
(visa waiver arrival/departure)form .
For more information about the VWPP and currently participating countries,
please see the US State Department site:


User Contributions:

Comment about this article, ask questions, or add new information about this topic: