FAQ-Maintainers List is Back!!!

From: Kent Landfield (kent)
Date: Mon Jul 31 2000 - 16:09:46 CDT

Dear FAQ Maintainer,

Sorry for the form letter... Please read on...

It seems that the faq-maintainers mailing list has died. It WAS
being hosted at lists.consensus.com. The company Consensus was
purchased by Certicom and it seems that the list got lost in the
merging of assests. I later found out that the drive that the
list was on acutally crashed.

The "faq-maintainers" list is now hosted at faqs.org. You received
this because your name was listed in one of the FAQs on faqs.org. If
you wish to be removed from the faq-maintainers mailing list please
send an unsubscribe message to

    majordomo@faqs.org

In order to get the list started again, I gathered the email addresses
from the faq files themselves and I have subscribed everyone. I know
this is not the most polite way do do things and for that I'm sorry.

I have asked Pam Greene to officially change the address for the list
to faq-maintainers@faqs.org in the *.answers administrative postsing.

As this is the brute force method for reaching people, there are quite
a few people that will not be contacted since their email addresses
may have changed or they were participating without having actually
written an FAQ that was posted to a *.answers newsgroup. Could you please
post a message to each of your newsgroups letting them know of the change ?
That way people that are not being sent this message will receive the news.

Please let your readership know about two items,

    1. The faq-maintainers list address changed from
       faqs-maintainers@consensus.com to faq-maintainers@faqs.org
       for those interested.

    2. The OSU Archives has officially died. If you have references
       to http://www.cis.ohio-state.edu/hypertext/faq/usenet/... in
       your FAQs please change them to the proper location on
       http://www.faqs.org/...

There will also be a digest version of the list shortly for those that
are interested.

Thanks and please bear with me as I get the list back up and
operational again...

---
Kent Landfield                        Phone: 1-817-545-2502
Email: kent@landfield.com             http://www.landfield.com/
Search the Usenet FAQ Archive at http://www.faqs.org/faqs/
Search the RFC/FYI/STD/BCP Archive at http://www.faqs.org/rfcs/