Re: Is it time to abandon Usenet for Usenet II?

---------

Danny R. Faught (faught@rsn.hp.com)
Fri, 24 Oct 1997 11:21:06 -0500 (CDT)

tcl-announce-request@mitchell.org wrote:
> Even simpler is to have list subscription only be allowed when a proposed
> new member is sponsored by one (or two or...) existing members in good
> standing.

I've sort of seen this in action. On my mailing list, current members
often bring in new members because they know the new member will make
a positive contribution.

We also have members come in from the various public places the list
is advertised, and I think a greater proportion of them are lurkers.

Anyway, before I go off on too much of a tangent, can someone point
out a place where this subject is more on-topic, or where the general
idea of Usenet problems and alternatives has been discussed?

-Danny