Re: Hi, saw the Allergy FAQ... (fwd)

---------

Jeff Knapp (director@gti.net)
Tue, 27 May 1997 16:04:45 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 27 May 1997, Marie Goldenberg wrote:

> Hey guys, I got this request to post a copy of my FAQs on someone else's
> web site. I mostly lurk in this mailing list but from what I've seen,
> I should refuse and request that he include a link to my site instead,
> right?

I would suggest that.

I know I stopped posting my FAQ due to its sheer size (which makes it a
REF:, yeah, yeah... :-) and I now just post a Top 10 FAQ with a
pointer to the big FAQ which sits on the Web. That way, I know people
will get the most up to date FAQ since I control its access point.

As to what you "should" do, it is important to note that you should do
what you want. I don't think the earlier discussions were intended to
create a "FAQ-maintainer standard" but rather seemed to be the most
logical way to keep the most up to date FAQ available.

Jeff

--
Jeff Knapp
director@gti.net