Re: copyright story(long)

---------

Vince Cheng (vccheng@gpu.srv.ualberta.ca)
Thu, 15 May 1997 23:30:24 -0600 (MDT)

On Thu, 15 May 1997, Rev. Mama Lani wrote:

> Vince...bring out the charcoal. I say we can have ourselves a little
> barbeque.

It's there. It's not that my FAQ is really that valuable, it's just the
principle.

> Go ahead and find yourself a lawyer willing to write a formal letter for
> you. Find out how much it will cost. Send us that information to the list
> and I'll put a check for ten bucks in the mail for you.

I will see, I'm calling the University Student Law Service soon(tomorrow
or Tuesday, we get Monday off because it used to be the Queen's birthday)

> [As a librarian, I can tell you that their idea about copyright is totally
> off their rocker. And seeing as Terry is a regular poster on this list, I
> think you've got yourself covered.]

as a no body, I can tell you they are just covering their asses, I'm going
to get them to send me some bike stuff and that will be the end of it.

Vince