Re: Archive: line

---------

Pamela Greene (pgreene@optics.rochester.edu)
Fri, 9 May 1997 11:01:34 -0400 (EDT)

Danny Faught wrote:

> Look in /pub/usenet/news.answers. There you'll find a (rather wide)

546 top-level files and directories, in case you're curious.

> [...] I wish the archive name hierarchy weren't hidden so well.

I've asked the maintainers of rtfm.mit.edu to add a more obvious link.
I'll let you know when/if it's created.

> sometimes I look for outdated FAQs and find them under the archive
> name but not the newsgroup directories.

Files in the newsgroup directories expire after three months, or the
next time thereafter that we run the culling script. Files in
*.answers directories are only removed by hand, which usually happens
after 6 months to a year, unless they're marked in the LoPIP as being
posted less often than that.

- Pam