Re: Stupid Embarassing Newbie-Like Problem with the Approved: Line

---------

Rev. Mama Lani (lani@lava.net)
Thu, 8 May 1997 15:40:53 -1000 (HST)

On Thu, 8 May 1997, James Messer wrote:
>Ok, I've written a FAQ, sent it for approval, waited for a reply, and
>finally received the approval from the *.answers demi-gods (or are they
>_real_ gods?)!

I think they're ordinary people like all of us; just very hard working and
dedicated to the spirit of usenet.

>Here's the embaressing part; I have no idea how to get this onto the main
>header of my newsreader. My main header looks like this:

I put it in right under the Newsgroups header.

>Every line in this main header 'fits' into my Microsoft Internet Explorer
>News application _except_ the Approved: line. I can't figure out how it
>would fit into any other newsreader application, either. I just don't 'get'
>it. Trust me, it's not the first time and it's hardly the last.

If your posting software doesn't work, send your FAQ as email
(instructions came with the FAQ that taught you how to get submission
approval) and that way, you can incorporate all the headers into the body
of your email message.

-------------Mama Lani's <lani@lava.net> Email Signature File--------------
ADA NOW PROTECTS MENTAL ILLNESS! Yell at your boss, blame your Prozac.
What Lani's reading this week: "Robert's Rules of Order," Gen. Henry M Robert
This address has a big Procmail file & throws out all email from advertisers.