Re: ...the hell? (was: Internet on a Cd-Rom)

---------

Taki Kogoma (quirk@unm.edu)
Wed, 5 Jul 1995 09:31:36 -0600 (MDT)

> Date: Tue, 4 Jul 1995 23:15:38 -0600 (MDT)
> From: Bill Keyes aka the Ferret-Meister <bkeyes@lamar.ColoState.EDU>
>
> Did, like, *everyone* get a copy of this? What is up here? I thought at
> first it was a FAQ-maintainers thing, but apparently, a lot of people with
> no connection to the FAQ world have gotten it as well...
>
> Is this the next (horrible) stage of advertiser's spamming? There's not
> much we can do about it on Usenet, but in our *mailboxes*??

What do you mean 'next'?

I've been getting unsolicited email ads (albeit only one/month or so) for
the past year.

Of course, the pertinent question for this list is whether or not any
of the 'most interesting articles' on this collection happen to be
FAQs...

Gym "Technology in the hands of the clueless is a dangerous thing" Quirk

--
Capt. Gym Z. Quirk     (Known to some as Taki Kogoma)     quirk@unm.edu
  I'll get a life when someone demonstrates it would be superior to