Re: FAQ disclaimers--should I bother?

---------

Terry Carroll (carrollt@netcom.com)
Sat, 17 Dec 1994 19:37:07 -0800 (PST)

On Sat, 17 Dec 1994, James D. Murray wrote:

> Subject: 2. Disclaimer
>
> While every effort has been taken to insure the accuracy of the
> information contained in this FAQ list compilation, the author and
> contributors assume no responsibility for errors or omissions, or
> for damages resulting from the use of the information contained
> herein.
>

> Am I really covering my butt from any potential legal hassels?

Probably. If mine wasn't law-related, I might not even bother with a
disclaimer. My disclaimer follows, and I'm not losing any sleep over
liability.

This article is provided as is without any express or implied
warranty. Nothing in this article represents the views of Cooley
Godward Castro Huddleson & Tatum or its clients.

While all information in this article is believed to be correct at
the time of writing, this article is for educational purposes only
and does not purport to provide legal advice. If you require legal
advice, you should consult with a legal practitioner licensed to
practice in your jurisdiction.

Mark, I don't have a copy of either of your FAQs handy; what do you use?

--
Terry Carroll                    |
Santa Clara, CA                  |      Quayle/Bono in '96.