Re: Compromise on CD-ROM FAQ issue?

---------

Mr Rhys Weatherley (rhys@fit.qut.edu.au)
Fri, 16 Dec 1994 15:47:42 +1000 (EST)

On Fri, 16 Dec 1994, Eric S. Raymond wrote:

> > Redistribution: not-cdrom
>
> This would miss what for me is the entire point.

Maybe. It was only a suggestion. Take it or leave it.

> If Walnut Creek won't honor copyrights -- won't even comply with the bleedin'
> *law* -- then what reason do we have to believe that they will honor a
> header of this kind?

They have been receptive to requests in the past to remove material from
their CD-ROM's. I don't see why they'd refuse to honor such a header if
we asked them as a group.

Cheers,

Rhys.

--
Rhys Weatherley, Queensland University of Technology, Brisbane, Australia.
E-mail: rhys@fit.qut.edu.au  "net.maturity is knowing when NOT to followup"