Re: (copyright) Re: Internet Info CDROM (fwd)

---------

Lani Teshima-Miller (teshima@uhunix.uhcc.Hawaii.Edu)
Mon, 12 Dec 1994 22:25:22 -1000

John Frost <frost@netcom.com> said:

> To level a suit against Walnut Creek would be shooting the alt.cdrom
> community (as valid as the FAQ maintainer community) in the gut. I know
> there are some ways to work around this, but I haven't heard any of them
> discussed yet.

Even if they can't get a hold of every single FAQ maintainer, would it
have been so difficult for them to post to *this* mailing list with a
request for permission?

> -- on the otherhand, six months ago I was told by one of the most
> -- respected citizens of the net (whose livelyhood depends on copyrighted
> -- material -- books) that copyrighting USENET articles, faqs included,
> -- is a stupid fight continued only by crybabies....

I suppose I shouldn't get upset if anyone wants to trounce across my
yard without asking, either.....

Lani Teshima-Miller (teshima@uhunix.uhcc.Hawaii.edu) "Sea Hare" o/ /_/_/
UH School of Library & Info Studies. "Whatever the cost of our o|<0_0>------*
libraries, the price is cheap compared to that of an ignorant \=^-| |_| |
nation." -Walter Cronkite [R.a.b.bit--FAQ Maintainer: "Think Ink!"] \_B}\_B}