Re: Internet Info CDROM (fwd)

---------

Bill Keyes aka the Ferret-Meister (bkeyes@lamar.ColoState.EDU)
Thu, 8 Dec 1994 04:05:10 -0700 (MST)

pat@berry.Cary.NC.US (Pat Berry):
> bkeyes@lamar.ColoState.EDU (Bill Keyes aka the Ferret-Meister) writes:
>
> > I politely wrote to info@cdrom.com and inquired about the FAQ CDROM.
> > Here's their answer, straight from the horse's mouth. =)

> > > The Internet Info cdrom was created in December, 1993. If your faq
> > > was created after that date it is not on the disc.
> > >
> > > Please notify your friends who may be faq maintainers of this fact.
> > > Also, if there are any authors whose faqs ARE on the disc, they are
> > > entitled to a free copy of the disc. Tell them to send mail to this
> > > address requesting their free copy.
>
> Doesn't exactly answer the question, does it?

Does, actually. My FAQ wasn't crossposted to news.answers until around
March, 1994. So it's not in there. Of course, my FAQ was actually written
in October '93, but I kind of doubt they went around to the fringe groups
like alt.devilbunnies looking for the FAQs...

> I sent her another note yesterday asking for a simple yes or no answer.
> So far, no response.

Heh. After the question first appeared on this list, I'm sure poor Kelly
was inundated with requests for information. I must've caught her in a good
mood. =) Or maybe 'cause I was polite about it? I dunno.

Bill.

* Cry "Eek Eek," and let ******* Jrrrr-Lwsss *******
*** slip the Ferrets of War! ***** The Ferrotti from Hell *****
***** (with apologies to *** bkeyes@lamar.colostate.edu **