Re: The FAQ system approaches obsolescence. What do we do now?

---------

Pat Berry (pat@berry.Cary.NC.US)
Tue, 06 Dec 94 18:36:45 EST

jsewell@iu.net (Joe Sewell) writes:

> How about providing an example here? I don't see the distinction between
> an FAQ that's "clearly focused on a particular newsgroup" vs. one that's "a
> newsgroup's informational topic."

My Red Dwarf FAQ is an example of this. It's about the TV show Red
Dwarf, and it's intended for Red Dwarf fans everywhere, not just readers
of alt.tv.red-dwarf. If that newsgroup ceased to exist tomorrow, I
would continue to maintain my FAQ and to distribute it to interested
parties by whatever means were available.