- The 3 Button Serial Mouse mini-HOWTO - How to get a 3 button serial mouse
working properly under Linux.
- 3D-Modelling - Details download and installation instructions for a graphics
rendering and modelling development environment using RedHat Linux.
- Linux ACP Modem (Mwave) mini-HOWTO - describes how to build, setup, and use the
driver and user space application necessary for using the ACP (Mwave) Modem in the IBM Thinkpad™ 600, 600E, and 770 models which include
the on board ACP modem hardware.
- Linux Advocacy mini-HOWTO - provides suggestions for how the Linux community can
effectively advocate the use of Linux.
- Apache+DSO+mod_ssl+mod_perl+php+mod_auth_nds+mod_auth_mysql+mod_fastcgi - Details
the installation of an Apache based webserver suite configured to handle DSO, and various useful modules including mod_perl, mod_ssl and php.
- Automount mini-Howto - describes the autofs automounter, how to configure it, and
points out some problems to avoid.
- BTinternet pppd mini-HOWTO - describes how to setup a modem pppd link to Btinternet in
- The BTTV Mini-HOWTO - This document describes the hardware, software, and procedures
needed to use a bt8x8 chipset based frame grabber or TV tuner card under Linux.
- Linux Backspace/Delete mini-HOWTO - Linux Backspace/Delete mini-HOWTO
- Battery Powered Linux Mini-HOWTO - describes how to optimize and configure
power management on a ready-configured Linux system for use on battery-powered laptops. This will be helpful for everyone who runs Linux on
a portable computer system. APM and ACPI methods of power management will be discussed, along with general power saving tips and techniques.
- Installing Boca Card Mini-HOWTO - Describes the basics of a Boca 16-port Serial Card (Boca
2016) used with Linux.
- BogoMips mini-Howto - gives some information about BogoMips, compiled from various
sources such as news and e-mail.
- Boot + Root + Raid + Lilo : Software Raid mini-HOWTO - provides a cookbook
for setting up root raid using the 0.90 raidtools for bootable raid mounted on root using standard LILO.
- Bridge + Firewall + DSL Mini-HOWTO - Configuring a Linux system to act
as a firewall and bridge with a DSL network connection
- Bridging mini-HOWTO - describes how to setup an ethernet bridge.
- Bzip2 mini-HOWTO - tells how to use the new bzip2 compression program.
- C++ dlopen mini HOWTO - How to dynamically load C functions and classes using the dlopen
- call-back mini HOWTO - describes how to set up call-back by using the Linux
system and modem. I would like to thank Anna for her patience.
- The Linux Cipe+Masquerading mini-HOWTO - How to setup a VPN using Cipe on a linux
- The Clock Mini-HOWTO - How to set and keep your computer's clock on time.
- COFFEE-HOWTO - Coffee is a world commodity that is second only to oil. Linux DOES make
- Commercial Port Advocacy mini-HOWTO - discusses methods that can
be used to approach commercial software companies to convince them to port their programs to Linux.
- Compressed TCP/IP-Sessions using SSH-like tools - explains how to save both
bandwith and connection time by using tools like SSH1, SSH2, OpenSSH or LSH.
- DHCP mini-HOWTO - attempts to answer basic questions on how to set up your Linux box to
serve as a DHCP server or a DHCP client.
- Linux DPT Hardware RAID mini-HOWTO - How to set up hardware RAID under
- Debian Jigdo mini-HOWTO - Jigdo is a very general tool, and isn't tied
specifically to Debian ISOs. The jigdo tools can be used to make any ISO available for download in the same easy, fast and efficient manner
they're used for Debian ISOs.
- Debian and Windows Shared Printing mini-HOWTO - This HOWTO
will demonstrate how to use command-line tools to configure your Debian system for printing. It will explain how to send documents from
Linux to Windows printers and how to share Linux printers with Windows PCs. Some troubleshooting examples are also given.
- Divert Sockets mini-HOWTO - describes how to get, compile and use
FreeBSD divert sockets under Linux 2.2.12.
- DocBook Install mini-HOWTO - a detailed practical guide for novices to quickly
getting DocBook installed and processing SGML files into HTML, PS, and PDF files on a GNU/Linux
system - other systems may be similar.
- Setting Up Your New Domain Mini-HOWTO - outlines the things you will probably have
to do when you want to set up a network of computers under your own domain. It covers configuration of network parameters, network services,
and security settings.
- Euro Character Support Mini HOWTO - describes how to make the Euro character
support in GNU/Linux work.
- Ext2fs Undeletion of Directory Structures mini-HOWTO - supposed to
be as an complementary to the Ext2fs-Undeletion mini-HOWTO written by Aaron Crane.
- Linux Ext2fs Undeletion mini-HOWTO - presents a discussion of how to retrieve
deleted files from a Second Extended File System.
- FBB Packet-radio BBS mini-HOWTO - covers the installation and use of the most popular
amateur packet-radio BBS server software "FBB". That software works under Linux, DOS and Windows operating systems.
- XFree86 Font De-uglification HOWTO - How to improve X Window fonts. Various tips for
improving font handling for XFree86, including sections on font servers, TrueType fonts, Mozilla, and related topics.
- FTP mini-HOWTO - How to use ftp clients and servers
- Linux simple fax printer server mini-HOWTO (faxsrv-mini-HOWTO) - document describes
in details one of the simplest ways to setup fax server on your Linux system.
- Firewall Piercing mini-HOWTO - Directions for using ppp over ssh, telnet or
whatever, so as to do achieve transparent network connection accross a firewall. Applies to friendly VPN construction as well as to piercing
- The Geographic Information Systems: GRASS HOWTO - describes how to acquire, install
and configure a powerful scientific public-domain Geographic Information System (GIS): the Geographic Resources Analysis Support System
(GRASS). It provides information on other resources for learning more about GRASS, GIS in general, for acquiring data, etc.
- Handspring-Visor with Linux mini-HOWTO - should give you instructions on how
to connect your Handspring Visor (any version) to Linux, using USB.
- Hard Disk Upgrade Mini How-To - How to copy a Linux system from one disk to
- Home Electrical Device Control HOWTO - will tell you how to use Linux
to control your home electrical devices. You will only need to make a very simple circuit to control almost any kind of electrical device
- Howtos-with-LinuxDoc-mini-HOWTO - about how to write HOWTOs using the
simple LinuxDoc markup.
- Linux I/O port programming mini-HOWTO - describes programming hardware I/O
ports and waiting for small periods of time in user-mode Linux programs running on the Intel x86 architecture.
- Setting up IP Aliasing on A Linux Machine Mini-HOWTO - a cookbook recipe on how to set
up and run IP aliasing on a Linux box and how to set up the machine to receive e-mail on the aliased IP addresses.
- IP Sub-Networking Mini-Howto - describes why and how to subnetwork an IP
network - that is using a single A, B or C Class network number to function correctly on several interconnected networks.
- Linux IRC mini-HOWTO - aims to describe the basics of IRC and respective applications for
- ISP-Connectivity - describes how to setup PPP, connect up to your ISP,
configure mail and news, get a permanent IP (if available), get a domain name, and have a bonda fide system running in a little over thirty
- Linux Installation Strategies mini-HOWTO - discusses a few installation
strategies for those who intend to dual-boot between Windows and Linux.
- How to setup international keyboard in X Window with Xmodmap and XKB - How to setup
international keyboard in Linux or Unix with Xmodmap and XKB written by (c) Juraj Sipos. The Xmodmap is a file that XFree86 reads in order
to give you a keyboard layout.
- Linux kerneld mini-HOWTO - explains how to install and use the automatic kernel module
- LILO mini-HOWTO - describes some typical Lilo installations.
- Leased line Mini HOWTO - Configuring your modem and pppd to use a 2 wire twisted
pair leased line.
- Lego Mindstorm with Linux Mini-HOWTO - intended to serve as a very brief introduction to
the options available, and as a gathering point for more information.
- The Linux+FreeBSD mini-HOWTO - describes how to use Linux and FreeBSD on the same
system. It introduces FreeBSD and discusses how the two operating systems can cooperate, e.g. by sharing swap space.
- Linux+Solaris HOWTO - Describes how to use Linux (x86) and Solaris (x86) together
on one machine
- Linux+WindowsNT mini-HOWTO - covers some ways on how to install both Linux and
Windows NT on the same computer and how to boot either of them from within LILO menu.
- Modem Sharing mini-HOWTO - Describes how to setup a Linux system to share a
modem with other systems over a TCP/IP network.
- Linuxdoc Reference - intended to be a reference for the SGML document type
definition linuxdoc, which is coming along with the SGML text formatting system version 1.0.
- Loadlin+Win95-98-ME - describes how to use Loadlin with Windows 95/98/ME to
boot to Linux.
- The Loopback Root Filesystem HOWTO - explains how to use the Linux loopback
device to create a Linux native filesystem format installation that can be run from a DOS partition without re-partitioning. Other uses of
this same technique are also discussed.
- Lotus Domino R5 for Linux mini-HOWTO - gives you explicit instructions on
installing Lotus Domino R5 for Linux on the Intel x86-based distributions of Mandrake Linux 8.1 and SuSE 7.3 Professional.