4 Servings of pork and vegetables, about 1/2 cup each. 4 Servings of cooked rice, about 2 cups each
|Chicken broth, reduced sodium||2 cups|
|Hot water||2 cups|
|Rice, uncooked||2 cups|
|Vegetable oil||2 tablespoons|
|Broccoli cuts, frozen cumin||2 cups|
|Carrots, cleaned, sliced thinly||1 cup|
|Onions, minced||1/4 cup|
|Garlic powder||1 teaspoon|
|Canned mushrooms, drained||1/2 cup|
|Ground pork||1 pound + 7 ounces|
|Soy sauce||4 tablespoons|
PREPARATION TIME: 20 MINUTES
COOKING TIME: 25 TO 30 MINUTES
1. Heat broth and water to a boil in sauce pan; add rice and return to boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer until tender, about 15
2. Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in skillet. Add broccoli , carrots, onions, and garlic powder. Cook until crisp-tender, about 5 minutes.
Remove from skillet. Add mushrooms. Cook for 1 minute and set aside.
3. Heat second tablespoon of oil in skillet. Add pork; cook until pork no longer remains pink. Drain liquid.
4. Add soy sauce and stir until mixed; add vegetables to pork mixture. Cook until heated, about 1 to 2 minutes.
5. Serve pork mixture over cooked rice.
Note: Sodium level can be reduced from 799 milligrams to 532 milligrams by reducing soy sauce from 4 to 2 tablespoons.
|Total fat||33 grams|
|Saturated fat||10 grams|
Back to Cheap and Healthy Recipes