4 Servings, abo1/4 loaf each
|Ground turkey||1 pound|
|Spaghetti sauce||3/4 cup|
|Mozzarella cheese, part-skim||1/4 cup|
|Green peppers, chopped||1/2 cup|
|Onion, minced||1/4 cup|
PREPARATION TIME: 15 MINUTES
CONVENTIONAL COOKING TIME: 20 MINUTES
COOKING TIME: 8 MINUTES
1. Lightly grease 9-inch pie plate with vegetable oil. Pat turkey into pie plate.
1. Place turkey n 350° F oven; bake until turkey no longer remains pink, about 17 to 20 minutes
1. Cover turkey with waxed paper.
2. Cook on high; rotate plate 1/4 turn after 3 minutes.
3. Cook until turkey
no longer remains pink, about 5 more minutes. Drain.
TO COMPLETE COOKING
1. Top baked turkey with spaghetti sauce, cheese, and vegetables.
2. Return turkey to either the conventional
oven or the microwave oven and heat until cheese is melted, about 1 to 2 minutes.
|Total fat||14 grams|
|Saturated fat||4 grams|
Back to Cheap and Healthy Recipes