4 Servings, about 4 ounces each
|Broiler fryer chicken, cut up||1-1/2 pounds|
|Whole milk||1 /4 cup|
|Ready-to-eat flake cereal, slightly crushed||1 cup|
|Vegetable oil||4 tablespoons|
PREPARATION TIME: 15 MINUTES
COOKING TIME: 30 MINUTES
1. Remove skin and all visible fat from chicken. Place milk in large bowl. Add chicken pieces; turn to coat.
2. Combine flour, paprika, and pepper on a plate.
3. Lift chicken pieces from milk and reserve milk. Coat chicken thoroughly with seasoned flour and place on a wire rack until all pieces
have been coated. Redip chicken pieces into reserved milk.
4. Place crushed cereal on plate. Place chicken pieces on crushed cereal. Using 2 forks, turn chicken pieces in crushed cereal to coat.
5. Place chicken on a foil-lined baking tray; drizzle oil over chicken.
6. Bake at 400° F, for 15 minutes. Turn chicken pieces over; continue to bake until chicken is thoroughly cooked and crust is crisp,
about 15 more minutes.
|Total fat||15 grams|
|Saturated fat||4 grams|
Back to Cheap and Healthy Recipes