4 Servings, 2 cookies each, plus 4 servings for another meal or snack
|Canned applesauce||1/4 cup|
|1% lowfat milk||2 tablespoons|
|Baking soda||1/4 teaspoon|
|Ground cinnamon||1/2 teaspoon|
|Quick rolled oats||1 cup + 2 tablespoons|
PREPARATION TIME: 20 MINUTES
COOKING TIME: 13 TO 15 MINUTES EACH BATCH
1. Preheat oven to 350° F and lightly grease cookie sheets.
2. In a large bowl, use an electric mixer on medium speed to mix sugar and margarine. Mix until well blended, about 3 minutes.
3. Slowly add egg; mix on medium speed 1 minute. gradually add applesauce and milk; mix on medium speed, 1 minute. Scrape sides of bowl.
4. In another bowl, combine flour, baking soda, and cinnamon. Slowly add to applesauce mixture; mix on low speed until blended, about 2
minutes. Add oats and blend 30 seconds on low speed. Scrape sides of bowl.
5. Drop by teaspoonfuls onto cookie sheet, about 2 inches apart.
6. Bake until lightly browned, about 13 to 15 minutes. Remove from baking sheet while still warm. Cool on wire rack.
|Total fat||4 grams|
|Saturated fat||1 gram|
Back to Cheap and Healthy Recipes