4 Servings, about 2/3 cup each, plus 4 servings for another meal
|Whole milk||1 quart|
|White rice, uncooked||2/3 cup|
|Semi-sweet chocolate chips||1/4 cup|
|Evaporated whole milk||1/2 cup|
PREPARATION TIME: 15 MINUTES
COOKING TIME: 30 TO 35 MINUTES
1. Place milk, rice, and sugar in large saucepan. Simmer over medium heat; stir continuously.
2. Reduce heat to low; simmer uncovered until rice is tender, about 25 minutes. Check to make sure rice doesn’t scorch. Add chocolate
and stir until melted.
3. Beat eggs, evaporated milk, sugar, flour, and vanilla in medium bowl until smooth. radually beat egg mixture into rice mixture.
4. Stir continuously; cook over medium heat until thickened, about 5 to 7 minutes. Do not allow pudding to boil.
5. Pour pudding into medium bowl. Cover and chill.
|Total fat||9 grams|
|Saturated fat||5 grams|
Back to Cheap and Healthy Recipes