4 Servings, about 3 ounces each
|Chicken thighs, boneless, skinless||1-1/2 pounds|
|Ready-to-eat cereal, cornflakes, crumbs||1 cup|
|Italian herb seasoning||1/2 teaspoon|
|Garlic powder||1/4 teaspoon|
|Onion powder||1/4 teaspoon|
PREPARATION TIME: 15 MINUTES
CONVENTIONAL COOKING TIME: 25 MINUTES
COOKING TIME: 6 TO 8 MINUTES
1. Remove skin and bone; cut thighs into bite-sized pieces.
2. Place cornflakes in plastic bag and crush by using a rolling pin.
3. Add remaining ingredients to crushed cornflakes. Close bag tightly and shake until blended.
4. Add a few chicken pieces at a time to crumb mixture. Shake to coat evenly.
1. Preheat oven to 400° F. Lightly grease a cooking sheet.
2. Place chicken pieces on cooking sheet so they are not touching.
3. Bake until golden brown, about 12 to 14 minutes.
1. Lightly grease an 8 by 12 inch baking dish.
2. Place chicken pieces on baking dish so they are not touching. Cover with waxed paper and cook on high.
3. Rotate chicken every 2 to 3 minutes. Cook until tender, about 6 to 8 minutes.
Note: To remove bone from chicken thighs:
1. Place chicken on cutting board. Remove skin from thighs.
2. Turn chicken thighs over.
3. Cut around bone and remove it.
|Total fat||8 grams|
|Saturated fat||2 grams|
Back to Cheap and Healthy Recipes