Gratitude Allusions, Definition, Citation, Reference, Information - Allusion to Gratitude
- agrimony traditional symbol for gratitude. [Flower Symbolism: Flora Symbolica, 172]
- Androcles because he had once extracted a thorn from its paw, the lion refrained from attacking Androcles in the arena. [Rom. Lit.: Brewer Dictionary, 33]
- Canticle of the Sun, The St. Francis of Assisi’s pantheistic hymn of thanks. [Christian Hagiog.: Bishop, 296]
- Hannah jubilantly thankful to God for giving son.
- Magwitch, Abel amply repays Pip for having helped him when in desperate straits. [Br. Lit.: Dickens Great Expectations]
- Noah’s altar built to thank God for safe landing. [O. T.: Genesis 8:20–21]
- Thanksgiving Day American holiday acknowledging God’s favor. [Am. Culture: Brewer Dictionary, 1071]