SECURITIES AND EXCHANGE COMMISSION
Washington, DC 20549
Pursuant to Section 13 or 15(d) of
The Securities Exchange Act of 1934
Date of Report (Date of earliest event reported): August 30, 2012
PHILLIPS EDISON ARC SHOPPING CENTER REIT INC.
(Exact name of registrant specified in its charter)
11501 Northlake Drive
Cincinnati, Ohio 45249
(Address of principal executive offices)
Registrants telephone number, including area code: (513) 554-1110
(Former name or former address, if changed since last report)
Check the appropriate box below if the Form 8-K filing is intended to simultaneously satisfy the filing obligation of the registrant under any of the following provisions:
The information required in Item 1.01 is included in Item 2.01 below and is incorporated by reference herein.
On August 30, 2012, Phillips Edison ARC Shopping Center REIT Inc., a Maryland corporation (the Company), through a joint venture formed between a group of institutional international investors advised by CBRE Investors Global Multi Manager (the CBRE Global Investors) and the Companys wholly-owned subsidiary (the Joint Venture), purchased a grocery-anchored shopping center containing 178,167 rentable square feet located on approximately 19.8 acres of land in Augusta, Georgia (Richmond Plaza) for approximately $19.5 million, exclusive of closing costs. The Company holds an approximate 54% interest in the Joint Venture and the CBRE Global Investors hold the remaining approximate 46% interest. The Joint Venture funded the purchase price with proceeds of approximately $10.5 million from the Companys initial public offering and approximately $9.0 million provided by the CBRE Global Investors. Richmond Plaza was originally constructed in 1980. Richmond Plaza was purchased from Richmond Plaza Investors, L.P., a Georgia limited partnership that is not affiliated with the Company, its advisor or its sub-advisor.
Richmond Plaza is approximately 87.3% leased to 18 tenants. The largest tenant at Richmond Plaza is a Kroger grocery store, which occupies approximately 26.6% of the rentable square feet at Richmond Plaza. The current aggregate annual effective rent for the tenants of Richmond Plaza is approximately $1.6 million and the current weighted-average remaining lease term for the tenants is approximately 5.4 years. The current weighted-average effective rental rate over the lease term, which is calculated as the annualized effective rent divided by the leased rentable square feet, is approximately $10.24 per square foot.
Based on the current condition of Richmond Plaza, the Company does not believe that it will be necessary to make significant renovations to the property. The Companys management believes that Richmond Plaza is adequately insured.
(a) Financial Statements and Businesses Acquired
Since it is impracticable to provide the required financial statements for Richmond Plaza at the time of this filing, and no financial statements (audited or unaudited) are available at this time, the Company hereby confirms that it intends to file the required financial statements on or before November 13, 2012, by amendment to this Form 8-K.
(b) Pro Forma Financial Information
See paragraph (a) above
Pursuant to the requirements of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, the registrant has duly caused this report to be signed on its behalf by the undersigned hereunto duly authorized.