United States International Trade Commision Rulings And Harmonized Tariff Schedule
faqs.org  Rulings By Number  Rulings By Category  Tariff Numbers
faqs.org > Rulings and Tariffs Home > Rulings By Number > 1997 NY Rulings > NY 802511 - NY 802664 > NY 802611

Previous Ruling Next Ruling
NY 802611

October 17, 1994

CLA-2-21:S:N:N7:228 802611


TARIFF NO.: 2106.90.6999

Mr. Craig Sallin
Storehouse Botanicals
P.O. Box 88
Concordia, MO 64020

RE: The tariff classification of a food supplement from Germany

Dear Mr. Sallin:

In your letter dated September 7, 1994, which was received by this office on September 28, 1994, you requested a tariff classification ruling.

A sample and photograph accompanied your letter. The sample was examined and disposed of. The product is a green, granular material called "Wild Bear's Garlic," made from the leaves of the plant Allium ursinum. The actual composition is 70 percent bear's garlic leaves and 30 percent rose hips. The product will be sold at retail as a food supplement.

The applicable subheading for the wild bear's garlic food supplement will be 2106.90.6999, Harmonized Tariff Schedule of the United States (HTS), which provides for food preparations not elsewhere specified or included...other...other...other. The rate of duty will be 10 percent ad valorem.

This ruling is being issued under the provisions of Section 177 of the Customs Regulations (19 C.F.R. 177).

A copy of this ruling letter should be attached to the entry documents filed at the time this merchandise is imported. If the documents have been filed without a copy, this ruling should be brought to the attention of the Customs officer handling the transaction.


Jean F. Maguire
Area Director
New York Seaport

Previous Ruling Next Ruling