United States International Trade Commision Rulings And Harmonized Tariff Schedule
faqs.org  Rulings By Number  Rulings By Category  Tariff Numbers
faqs.org > Rulings and Tariffs Home > Rulings By Number > 1996 NY Rulings > NY A80760 - NY A80876 > NY A80830

Previous Ruling Next Ruling
NY A80830

April 10, 1996

CLA-2-29:RR:NC:FC:238 A80830


TARIFF NO.: 2930.90.4400

Mr. Wayne Buehrer
Tomen America Inc.
100 First Street, Suite 1610
San Francisco, CA 94105

RE: The tariff classification of MONITOR technical (CAS-10265-92-6), in bulk form, from Japan

Dear Mr. Buehrer:

In your letter dated February 21, 1996, you requested a tariff classification ruling.

The subject product, Monitor technical, is Tomen Corporation's trade name for a technical-grade insecticide-acaricide having the common name: Methamidophos. You have certified, in a letter dated March 18, 1996, to the U.S. Customs laboratory in New York, that the purity of the technical-grade product is 73%, and that the remaining 27%, which you refer to as "inert ingredients", consists of unreacted byproducts (impurities) produced in the manufacture of the technical grade. You also certify that none of these "inert ingredients" are additives.

The applicable subheading for the subject product will be 2930.90.4400, Harmonized Tariff Schedule of the United States (HTS), which provides for: "Organo-sulfur compounds: Other: Other: Pesticides: Other: Other." The rate of duty will be 7.3 percent ad valorem.

This merchandise may be subject to the regulations of the Environmental Protection Agency, Office of Pesticides and Toxic Substances. You may contact them at 402 M Street, S.W., Washington, D.C. 20460, telephone number (202) 554-1404, or EPA Region II at (908) 321-6669.

This ruling is being issued under the provisions of Part 177 of the Customs Regulations (19 C.F.R. 177).

A copy of the ruling or the control number indicated above should be provided with the entry documents filed at the time this merchandise is imported. If you have any questions regarding the ruling, contact National Import Specialist C. Reilly at 212-466-5770.


Roger J. Silvestri

Previous Ruling Next Ruling

See also: