Patent application title: Plastic Floor Tiles
Hsuan-Hao Chang (Dongguan City, CN)
IPC8 Class: AE04F1502FI
Class name: Static structures (e.g., buildings) module or panel having discrete edgewise or face-to-face connecting feature interfitted integral flange
Publication date: 2014-02-06
Patent application number: 20140033632
An improved plastic floor tile assembly structure, which includes a
rectangular floor tile body, the first two adjacent sides of the floor
body having a male buckle formation and the second two adjacent sides
having a female buckle body formation, a buckling slot is provided in
between the inner side wall of the male buckle and the female buckle, and
the inner side wall of the floor body, said inner side wall of the male
and female buckle is slanted in a direction away from the inner side wall
of the floor body, and the inner side wall of the floor body having an
adhesive layer, with this structural characteristics the floor assembly
between two floor bodies becomes more simple and convenient, it not only
provided the more robust assembly, but also eliminate uneven assembly
surface, and at the same time, improve the aesthetic appearance of the
1. A plastics floor tile comprising a rectangular tile body, wherein: a
first two adjacent sides of the tile body are provided with a male buckle
body projecting from the first two adjacent sides and the second two
adjacent sides of the floor body are provided with a female buckle body
projecting from the second two adjacent sides; a slot is formed between
respective inner side walls of the male and female buckle bodies and said
sides of the floor tile body; said inner side walls slant away from said
sides of the floor tile body; an adhesive layer is applied to said sides
of the tile body; and the configuration is such that two said plastics
tiles can be joined together by mating a said male buckle body of one
tile with a said female buckle body side of the other tile.
2. The plastics floor tile as claimed in claim 1, wherein respective tips of the male and female buckle bodies form an arc shape.
3. A plastics floor tile comprising a rectangular body having four peripheral walls, respective male coupling elements projecting from two adjacent said peripheral walls, respective female coupling elements projecting from the other two said peripheral walls and respective adhesive layers on said peripheral walls, wherein respective coupling element receiving slots are defined between said male and female coupling elements and the respective peripheral walls from which said male and female coupling elements project and the male and female coupling elements each have an inner side wail that faces and is inclined with respect to the said peripheral wall from which the coupling element projects.
4. The plastics floor tile as claimed in claim 3, wherein said inner side walls have a connected end disposed at a base of the respective coupling element slot and a free end and the connected end is laterally spaced from the respective peripheral side wall a first distance and said free end is laterally spaced from the respective peripheral side wall a second distance that is greater than said first distance.
5. The plastics floor tile as claimed in claim 3 or 4, wherein said inner side walls are configured to define a curved lead-in to the respective said coupling element receiving slots.
FIELD OF THE INVENTION
 This invention relates to building decoration materials, in particular; it relates to plastic tiles for covering floors.
BACKGROUND OF INVENTION
 Known flooring tiles include ceramic tiles, PVC tiles and wood tiles. When laying these tiles preparations are needed beforehand, such as leveling the ground and smearing or skimming cement or glue on the ground. These preparation works can sometimes become tedious and too time consuming. Hence the industry has developed various floor tiles with mechanical assembly features.
 FIG. 1 shows an existing floor tile with mechanical assembly features. The floor tile comprises a tile body 01. Two adjacent sides of the tile 01 are provided with a male buckle body 02 and the other two adjacent sides of the tile 01 are provided with a female buckle body 03. A slot is formed between the inner side walls of male buckle 02 and female buckle 03 and the facing side walls of the tile body 01. The base of the slot is provided with an adhesive layer 04. When assembling two such floor tiles, the male buckle of the of one of floor tile is mated with the female buckle of another floor tile. Because the buckle structure forms a vertical contact plane, which minimizes surface friction, the assembled structure does not prove to be as solid as it can possibly be.
SUMMARY OF THE INVENTION
 It is an object of the invention to provide an improved plastic floor assembly structure with rigid assembled characteristics and a better aesthetic appearance.
 An additional, or alternative, object of the invention is to provide an alternative to existing products on the market.
 The invention provides a plastic floor tile as specified in claim 1.
 The invention also provides a plastic floor tile as specified in claim 3.
 The structural characteristics of the plastic floor tile can make assembling of two floor tiles simpler and more convenient and provide a more robust assembly. Also, an uneven floor surface can be avoided and an improved aesthetic appearance obtained.
BRIEF DESCRIPTION OF THE DRAWINGS
 FIG. 1 is an illustration of known plastic tiles;
 FIG. 2 is an illustration of an embodiment of a plastic floor tile of the present invention; and
 FIG. 3 is an illustration of an assembly of plastics floor tiles of the present invention.
DETAILED DESCRIPTION OF PREFERRED EMBODIMENT
 As shown in FIG. 3, a plastics floor tile comprises a rectangular floor tile body 10. The first two adjacent sides of the floor tile body 10 are provided with a male buckle body 20 and the other two adjacent sides of the floor tile body 10 are provided with a female buckle body 30. A slot is formed between the inner side walls 21, 31 of the male and female buckle bodies 20, 30 and the facing side walls (peripheral walls) of the floor tile body 10. The inner side walls 21, 31 are slanted away from the side walls of the floor tile body 10. An adhesive layer 40 is applied to the side walls of the tile body 10. As shown in FIG. 3, two of the plastics floor tiles can be joined together by mating a male buckle body 20 of one tile with the female buckle body 30 of the other tile.
 The tip of the male buckle body 20 and female buckle body 30 forms an arcuate lead-in shape.
 In the illustrated embodiment the inner side walls 21, 31 have a connected end that is at the base of the respective slots defined between the male and female buckle bodies 20, 30 and the facing side walls of the tile body 10 and a free end. The connected end of the inner side walls 21, 31 is laterally spaced from the facing sidewall of the tile body by a first distance and the laterally spacing of the free end is a second distance that is greater than the first distance.
 While the invention has been described in terms of embodiments, those skilled in the art will recognize that the invention can be practiced with modifications with the scope of the appended claims.
Patent applications in class Interfitted integral flange
Patent applications in all subclasses Interfitted integral flange