Patent application title: TAG OPERATING AS A HANDLE FOR APPLICATION TO PLUG-CLOSABLE CONTAINERSAANM Musitelli; SergioAACI San Giovanni Bianco (BG)AACO ITAAGP Musitelli; Sergio San Giovanni Bianco (BG) IT
Sergio Musitelli (San Giovanni Bianco (bg), IT)
IPC8 Class: AB65D2500FI
Class name: Container attachment or adjunct handle, handle component, or handle adjunct means for detachably securing a handle to a container
Publication date: 2013-01-17
Patent application number: 20130015194
An improved tag for application to plug-closable containers is suitable
for operating as a handle and comprises a tag hole having an outer
contour including a plurality of radially extending notches defining
corresponding tag flaps operating as clamping tooth elements.
1. An improved tag for application to plug-closable containers,
characterized in that said tag is suitable for operating as a handle and
comprises a tag hole having an outer contour including a plurality of
radially extending notches defining corresponding tag flaps operating as
clamping tooth elements.
2. An improved tag, according to claim 1, characterized in that said tag is applied to a container (8) closed by a respective container plug, by pressing the tag (1) after having located said tag hole (2) through said plug (9) of said container (8).
3. An improved tag, according to claim 1, characterized in that said tag is clamped to said container by downward pressing to arrange said tag under said plug (9).
4. An improved tag, according to claim 3, characterized in that in the downward pressed position of said tag, said tag portions delimited by said radially extending notches (3) are downward deflected to operate as clamping tooth elements (4).
5. An improved tag, according to claim 1, characterized in that said clamping tooth elements (4), as deflected, firmly connect said tag to the plug (9) of the container (8).
6. An improved tag, according to claim 1, characterized in that said tag comprises a slot (6) thereinto a user hand may be introduced, to grip said tag as a handle.
7. An improved tag, according to claim 1, characterized in that said tag comprises information relating to the packaged products.
8. An improved tag, according to claim 7, characterized in that said information are printed on a surface of said tag.
9. An improved tag, according to claim 1, characterized in that said tag has a size and thickness varying depending on a size and weight of a product to be packaged in said container.
BACKGROUND OF THE INVENTION
 The present invention relates to a tag, including a tag hole the outer profile of which comprises a plurality of radially extending notches or cuts, defining notch flaps operating as tooth elements.
 The inventive tag is in particular suitable also for operating as a handle to be applied to plug-closable containers or vessels.
 As it is known, plug-closable containers or vessels are generally used for containing liquids and other products, and they, in addition to being properly filled-in, should also be provided with labels usually applied in bottling lines.
 Prior labels, however, have the drawback that they may be glued to the containers, thereby slowing down and making difficult the product bottling and packaging operations.
 The inventive tag, on the contrary, has the further advantage that it may be easily applied to said containers even offline of automatic packaging lines, to show the liquid filled-in in said containers.
BRIEF DESCRIPTION OF THE DRAWINGS
 Further constructional and functional characteristics of the improved tag according to the present invention will become more apparent hereinafter from the disclosure of the drawing figures, in which:
 FIG. 1 is a front view of the tag according to the present invention;
 FIG. 2 is a side perspective view of a top portion of a container the inventive tag is applied to; and
 FIG. 3 shows a container, to which has been applied a tag, also operating as a handle, to be gripped by a user hand.
DESCRIPTION OF THE PREFERRED EMBODIMENTS
 With reference to the number references of the accompanying drawings, the improved tag according to the present invention comprises a tag hole 2 the outer profile or contour of which includes a plurality of radially extending notches or cuts 3, defining clamping tooth elements 4 for clamping the tag to a container or vessel plug.
 More specifically, said tag 1 may be applied in a very simple manner to containers or vessels 8 including a respective plug 9, by pressing the tag 1 after having arranged it to cause said hole 2 to be located at the plug 9 of the container 8.
 For applying the tag, it is downward pressed so as to arrange the tag hole 2 under the plug 9.
 In such a position, the tag portions defined by the radially extending notches or cuts 3, formed on the periphery of the hole 2 in the tag 1, will be downward deflected to operate as clamping tooth elements 4, thereby the tag 1 is firmly clamped to the plug 9.
 As shown, said tag 1 also comprises a slot 6 for receiving a user hand, thereby the tag 1 will also operate as a handle.
 According to a further aspect of the invention, on the disclosed tag information relating to the respective bottled products are printed, thereby it is not necessary to use in large size container bottling lines labeling and handle applying machines, since said information are directly applied on the handle tag and not on a separate label as in prior bottles.
 It should be apparent that the shape and thickness of the inventive tag will depend on the size and weight of the bottled product to be transported.
 While a preferred embodiment of the inventive tag has been hereinabove disclosed, it should be apparent that the handle tag may be subjected to variations and modifications without departing from the scope of the invention.
Patent applications by SMI S.P.A.
Patent applications in class Means for detachably securing a handle to a container
Patent applications in all subclasses Means for detachably securing a handle to a container