Patent application title: POLISHING DEVICE
Shao-Kai Pei (Tu-Cheng, TW)
HON HAI PRECISION INDUSTRY CO., LTD.
IPC8 Class: AB24B2700FI
Class name: Machine combined with nonabrading means
Publication date: 2013-01-10
Patent application number: 20130012109
A polishing device is used for polishing at least one workpiece and
includes a bracket, at least one loading device, a number of polishing
tools having different roughness, a number of first driving devices, a
supporting device, and a second driving device. The at least one loading
device is positioned on the bracket, and is used for loading the at least
one workpiece. Each first driving device is used for driving a respective
one of the polishing tools to rotate to polish one workpiece. The
supporting device is connected to the bracket, and is used for loading
the polishing tools and the first driving devices. The second driving
device is connected to the supporting devices, and is used for driving
the supporting device to rotate to select a proper one of the polishing
1. A polishing device for polishing at least one workpiece, comprising: a
bracket; at least one loading device positioned on the bracket, and
configured for loading the at least one workpiece; a plurality of
polishing tools having different roughness; a plurality of first driving
devices, each first driving device configured for driving a respective
one of the polishing tools to rotate to polish one of the at least one
workpiece; a supporting device connected to the bracket, and configured
for loading the polishing tools and the first driving devices; and a
second driving device connected to the supporting devices, and configured
for driving the supporting device to rotate to select a proper one of the
2. The polishing device of claim 1, wherein the bracket comprises a base and two parallel fixing frames fixed on two opposite surfaces of the base, the base has a platform, the loading devices are positioned on the platform.
3. The polishing device of claim 2, wherein the base defines a cleaning tank, the platform defines at least one opening communicating with the cleaning tank.
4. The polishing device of claim 3, wherein each of the at least one loading device comprises a loading plate and a driving element, the loading plate comprises a first main body and a first shaft on one edge of the first main body, the first shaft is rotatably positioned on the platform, the driving element is connected to the first shaft and is configured for driving the first main body to rotate around the first shaft to be received in the cleaning tank through a respective one of the at least one opening after the at least one workpiece has been polished.
5. The polishing device of claim 4, wherein the bracket further comprises at least one pair of fixing plates, each pair of fixing plates are opposite to each other, and are positioned on the platform, each fixing plate defines a mounting hole, two ends of the first shaft are received in the two mounting holes of a corresponding pair of fixing plates.
6. The polishing device of claim 4, wherein the first main body defines a fixing groove for fixing a workpiece.
7. The polishing device of claim 2, wherein each of the two fixing frames comprises a mounting plate, a first supporting plate, and a second supporting plate, the first supporting plate and the second supporting plate perpendicularly extend from two opposite edges of the mounting plate.
8. The polishing device of claim 7, wherein the polishing device further comprises at least one nozzle spatially corresponding to the at least one loading device, the at least one nozzles are positioned on the mounting plates and is configured for spraying polishing liquid to the at least one workpiece.
9. The polishing device of claim 7, wherein the polishing device further comprises a horizontal driving device, the horizontal driving device comprises a stator and a rotator, one end of the stator is positioned between the two first supporting plates, the other end of the stator is positioned between the two second supporting plates, and thus the stator is aligned with the platform, the rotator is capable of moving along the stator.
10. The polishing device of claim 9, wherein the polishing device further comprises a vertical driving device positioned on the rotator, the vertical driving device comprises a vertical motor and two opposite rotating plates, the vertical motor comprises a tubular second main body and a second shaft extending through the second main body, an outer sidewall of the second shaft has a protrusion along the axial direction of the second shaft, each of the two rotating plate comprises a third rectangular main body and a ring covering one end of the second shaft, an inner sidewall of the ring defines a receiving groove receiving the protrusion, one corner of the third main body protrudes a block, the supporting device is rotatably connected between the blocks of the two rotating plates.
11. The polishing device of claim 10, wherein the supporting device comprises a first clamping plate and a second clamping plate aligned with the first clamping plate, the first clamping plate defines a through hole at the center thereof, and a plurality of first mounting grooves around the through hole, the second clamping plate defines a plurality of second mounting grooves corresponding to the first mounting grooves respectively; each first driving device comprises a fourth main body and a third shaft rotatably positioned on the fourth main body, the fourth main body is received in a corresponding first mounting groove, the third shaft is configured for connecting to one end of a corresponding polishing tool, each second mounting groove is configured for receiving the other end of the corresponding polishing tool.
12. The polishing device of claim 11, wherein each block defines a pinhole; a surface of the second clamping plate facing away the first clamping plate has a connecting shaft; the second driving device comprises a fourth shaft and a fifth main body for driving the fourth shaft to rotate, the fourth shaft extends through the pinhole of one block and the through hole, the connecting shaft is received in the pinhole of the other one block.
 1. Technical Field
 The present disclosure relates to a polishing device.
 2. Description of Related Art
 Workpieces need to be polished by different polishing tools having different roughness in different steps of a polishing process. However, polishing devices usually have only one polishing tool to polish the workpieces. Therefore, when a first polishing tool polishes the workpieces, the polishing process must be temporarily stopped until the first polishing tool has been replaced with a second polishing tool which has a different roughness. This is very inconvenient, and the work efficiency is reduced.
 Therefore, it is desirable to provide a polishing device that can overcome the above-mentioned limitations.
BRIEF DESCRIPTION OF THE DRAWINGS
 Many aspects of the embodiments should be better understood with reference to the following drawings. The components in the drawings are not necessarily drawn to scale, the emphasis instead being placed upon clearly illustrating the principles of the present disclosure. Moreover, in the drawings, like reference numerals designate corresponding parts throughout the several views.
 FIG. 1 is a schematic view of a polishing device according to an exemplary embodiment.
 FIG. 2 is a partially exploded view of the polishing device of FIG. 1.
 FIG. 3 is an exploded view of a polishing tool, a supporting device, and four first driving devices of the polishing device of FIG. 1.
 Referring to FIGS. 1-3, a polishing device 11, according to an embodiment, is used for polishing a number of workpieces 22. Each workpiece 22 includes a plane surface 22a that needs to be polished. The polishing device 11 includes a bracket 10, three loading devices 20, a horizontal driving device 30, a vertical driving device 40, a supporting device 50, four first driving devices 60, four polishing tools 70, a second driving device 80, and four nozzles 90. The number of the loading devices 20, the first driving device 60, the polishing tool 70, and the nozzle 90 are not limited to this embodiment.
 The bracket 10 includes a base 100 and two rectangular fixing frames 101. The base 100 defines a cleaning tank 104 filled with water for cleaning the workpieces 22, and includes a rectangular platform 102, five pairs of fixing plates 108, and two sidewalls 100a perpendicularly extending from the two long edges of the platform 102. The platform 102 defines four openings 106 along the length, communicating with the cleaning tank 104. The five pairs of fixing plates 108 are positioned along the length of the platform 102. Each pair of fixing plates 108 are respectively positioned on two long edges of the platform 102, and are aligned with each other. Each fixing plate 108 defines a mounting hole 110. Each opening 106 is positioned between two adjacent pairs of fixing plates 108.
 The two fixing frames 101 are fixed on the two sidewalls 100a respectively. Each fixing frame 101 includes a mounting plate 103 parallel to the platform 102, a first supporting plate 105a, and a second supporting plate 105b. The first supporting plate 105a and the second supporting plate 105b perpendicularly extend from the two short edges of the mounting plate 103.
 Each loading device 20 includes a loading plate 200 and a driving element 201. The loading plate 200 includes a rectangular first main body 203 and a first shaft 204 positioned on an edge of the first main body 203. The first main body 203 defines a blind fixing groove 202 for receiving and fixing the workpiece 22. The two ends of the first shaft 204 are inserted into the two mounting holes 110 of the two opposite fixing plates 108 to rotatably connect the first main body 203 to the base 100. The driving element 201 is connected to one end of the first shaft 204, and is used for driving the loading plate 203 to rotate around the first shaft 204.
 The horizontal driving device 30 includes a strip-shaped stator 300 and a motor 302 slidably positioned on the stator 300. One end of the stator 300 is fixed between the two first supporting plates 105a, and the other end of the stator 300 is fixed to the two second supporting plates 105b. The stator 300 is aligned with the platform 102, and extends parallel along the length of the platform 102. The motor 302 is adjacent to the loading plate 102 with respect to the stator 300. In this embodiment, the horizontal driving device 30 is a linear-motor.
 A vertical driving device 40 is connected to the horizontal driving device 30, and includes a vertical motor 400 and two opposite rotating plates 401. The vertical motor 400 includes a tube-shaped second main body 402 and a second shaft 404 extending through the second main body 402. The two opposite ends of the second shaft 404 extend outwards from the second main body 402. The second main body 402 is connected to the motor 302, and the axial direction of the second shaft 404 is perpendicular to the extending direction of the stator 300. An outer sidewall of the second shaft 404 has a protrusion 406 along the axial direction. Each rotating plate 401 includes a rectangular third main body 403, a ring 405, and a block 407. The ring 405 perpendicularly extends from a surface of the rotating plate 401 facing the other rotating plate 401. An inner surface of each ring 405 defines a receiving groove 409 along the axial direction thereof. The two rings 405 cover two ends of the second shaft 404, and the protrusion 406 is received in the two receiving grooves 409. Thus, the two rotating plates 401 are symmetrically with each other about the vertical motor 400, and are able to be rotated by the vertical motor 400 to move toward or away from the loading plate 102. The block 407 extends from one corner of the third main body 403, and defines a pinhole 411.
 The supporting device 50 is rotatably positioned between the two blocks 407, and includes a circular first clamping plate 500 and a circular second clamping plate 501. The first clamping plate 500 defines a through hole 502 in the center thereof. A surface of the first clamping plate 500 facing the second clamping plate 501 defines four first mounting grooves 504 around the through hole 502. The four first mounting grooves 504 are uniformly positioned on a circle taking the through hole 502 as a center point. A surface of the second clamping plate 501 facing the first clamping plate 500 defines four second mounting grooves 505 aligned with the four first mounting groves 504. A connecting shaft 503 is aligned with the through hole 502 and extends outwards from the center of a surface of a second clamping plate 501 opposite to the first clamping plate 500.
 Each first driving device 60 includes a fourth main body 600 and a third shaft 602 rotatably positioned on one end of the fourth main body 600. The fourth main body 600 drives the third shaft 602 to rotate. Each fourth main body 600 is fixedly received in the corresponding first mounting groove 504.
 Each polishing tool 70 can be driven by the corresponding first driving device 60 to rotate, and includes a first end surface 70a facing the second clamping plate 501, a second end surface 70b opposite to the first end surface 70a, and a circumferential sidewall 700 connected between the first end surface 70a and the second end surface 70b. A fourth shaft 702 extends from the center of the first end surface 70a along the rotating axial direction of the polishing tool 70. The fourth shaft 702 is rotatably received in the corresponding second mounting groove 505. The second end surface 70b defines a receiving hole 704 at the center thereof. The third shaft 602 is fixedly received in the corresponding receiving hole 704. The circumferential sidewall 700 polishes the workpiece 700. The roughness of the circumferential sidewalls 700 of the four polishing tools 70 is different.
 The second driving device 80 includes a fifth main body 800 and a fifth shaft 802 rotatably positioned on one end surface of the fifth main body 800. The fifth main body 800 drives the fifth shaft 802 to rotate. The fifth shaft 802 fixedly passes through the pinhole 411 adjacent to the first clamping plate 500 and the through hole 502 of the first clamping plate 500. The connecting shaft 503 is rotatably received in the pinhole 411 adjacent to the second clamping shaft 500.
 The four nozzles 90 spray polishing liquid at the workpieces 22. Two nozzles 90 are fixed on one of the two mounting plates 103 aligned with two of the corresponding openings 106 respectively, and the other two nozzles 90 are fixed on the other one of the two mounting plates 103 aligned with the other two corresponding openings 106 respectively.
 In use, first, the three fixing grooves 202 are upwardly facing. Each of the three workpieces 22 is fixed in a corresponding fixing groove 202, and the plane surface 22a faces the stator 300. The vertical motor 400 drives the rotating plates 401 to rotate, and thus the supporting device 50 moves towards the base 100. The second driving device 80 drives the supporting device 50 to rotate until that a particular polishing tool 70 faces one workpiece 22. The vertical motor 400 drives the particular polishing tool 70 to contact with the workpiece 22. The four nozzles 90 spray the polishing liquid at the four workpieces 22. One first driving device 60 drives the particular polishing tool 70 to rotate to polish the workpiece 22. Then, the horizontal driving device 30 drives the particular polishing tool 70 to move along the stator 300, and thus to polish the plane surfaces 22a of the other three workpieces 22. After a predetermined time interval, the second driving device 80 rotates the supporting device 50 to allow another polishing tool 70 to polish the plane surfaces 22a of the four workpieces 22. After the polishing process is finished, the driving element 201 drives the first main body 203 to rotate to be received in the cleaning tank 104, and the polished workpiece can be washed. In this way, different polishing tools 70 can be used to polish the same workpiece conveniently, and the work efficiency is improved.
 It will be understood that the above particular embodiments and methods are shown and described by way of illustration only. The principles and the features of the present disclosure may be employed in various and numerous embodiments thereof without departing from the scope of the disclosure as claimed. The above-described embodiments illustrate the scope of the disclosure but do not restrict the scope of the disclosure.
Patent applications by Shao-Kai Pei, Tu-Cheng TW
Patent applications by HON HAI PRECISION INDUSTRY CO., LTD.
Patent applications in class With nonabrading means
Patent applications in all subclasses With nonabrading means