Patent application title: Footer
James Aubrey Blount (Charlotte, NC, US)
Laura B. Crawford (Goldboro, NC, US)
IPC8 Class: AA45C514FI
190 18 A
Class name: Trunks and hand-carried luggage supporting devices wheeled
Publication date: 2012-08-16
Patent application number: 20120205211
The Footer is the first of its' kind in luggage. The Footer is a
two-wheeler shoe luggage carrier that transports your shoes securely. It
has three dimensional sets, Large: 29' L×211/3' W×4' D,
Medium: 25' L×211/3' W×4' D and Small Carry-On: 20'
L×151/3' W×4' D. Large carries eight pairs of shoes, Medium:
six pairs of shoes and Small/Carry-On: four pairs of shoes. The outer
shell is made of a polycarbonate composite with ABS
(acrylontitdle-butadiene styrene). The inner top lid zipper mesh pocket
is four inches deep for extra items. This pocket is horizontal and spans
the width of each sized luggage piece: large, 29'' L, medium 25'' L, and
small/carry-on 20'' L.
The top inner lid liner is covered with poly jacquard material
(32×30 yds). The bottom inner lid liner is (38×34 yds). The
individual shoe holder is made of vented nylon material with dimensions
of 14'' L×5'' H×5'' W with a locked zipper to secure all
shoes and items. This luggage is designed to carry and store female and
male shoes including heeled shoes up to a man's size 14. The Footer can
be custom made to carry shoes larger than a size 14.
1. This form is to claim all rights for the development and creation of
the first of its' kind shoe luggage that transports shoes securely.
2. The Footer as in claim 1 is a two-wheeler shoe luggage carrier for an easier and more efficient way to carry shoes as one travels.
3. This luggage as in claim 1 is made to carry shoes in their own individual holder which makes this a unique and totally different kind of shoe carrier.
4. This luggage as in claim 1 is a three-dimensional shoe carrier is made in three different sizes: large, medium and carry-on.
5. The shoe carrier as in claim 4 wherein: a. Large: The large Footer holds eight pairs of shoes on two levels which lie in a strong vented nylon material equally spaced that attaches securely to the inner poly Jacquard material covering that covers the support boards that support the shoe holders.
6. The shoe carrier as in claim 4 wherein: a. Medium: The medium Footer holds six pairs of shoes in the same material with the difference being that one pair of shoes lies vertical and two pair of shoes lies horizontal per level.
7. The shoe carrier as in claim 4 wherein: a. Small: The Small Carry-On Footer holds four pair of shoes in the same material with the difference being that two pair of shoes lies horizontal per level.
8. We claim that even though the outside of The Footer resembles a typical piece of luggage, the inside is what makes this carrier item totally unique and different to the point of claiming all rights, development and creation of The Footer.
9. In conclusion, we claim that The Footer was originally registered and acknowledged with the Copyright Office on Jun. 30, 2010 at 2:11a.m. via electronic copyright registration. The Certificate of Registration number from the Copyright Office is VAu 1-034-305 with an effective date of registration being Jun. 30, 2010. See Certificate of Registration attached.
BRIEF DESCRIPTION OF DRAWINGS
 The patent or application file contains 13 drawings of The Footer in all three sizes: Small, Medium and Large. Drawings illustrate different views of The Footer and the components of which is comprised of materials used to make each part of the invention. The figures also are shown in three-dimensional scale to show how The Footer parts are combined to form this one of a kind shoe carrier.
DETAILED DESCRIPTION OF DRAWINGS
 The first of its kind in luggage, "the Footer" is a hybrid carrier device that serves two purposes: primarily to carry shoes, secondarily to carry clothes.
 "The Footer" consists of three sizes:  1. Large: 29'' length×211/3'' width×4'' depth, 541/3'' linear estimated weight: 8.5 lbs (see FIG. 10)  2. Medium: 25'' length×211/3'' width×4'' depth; 501/3'' linear estimated weight: 7.6 lbs (see FIG. 11).  3. Small: 20'' length×151/3'' width×4'' depth; 391/3'' linear estimated weight: 4.7 lbs (see FIG. 12).
 The Footer Cases referred to in FIG. 1 are shown in their respective sizes of Large, Medium and small and are molded in polycarbonate composite with absorbent ABS, inner lining made with poly jacquard material with an Individual shoe holder made of soft fleece and vented nylon. Top and side carrier handle with adjustable tote clip, retractable internal aluminum dual telescopic push button handle; Interior zippered mesh pocket; two 360° maneuvering wheels; locking stage system.
Front Outer Shell Case
 FIG. 2 represents the outer shell case that consists of materials containing polycarbonate composite with absorbent ABS. Case is molded into a dome shaped square with swing hinges position for bottom attachment.
 The dimensions of the three sizes:  1: 29''×211/3''×4''  2: 25''×211/3''×4''  3: 20''×151/3''×4''
 Inner lining material made of poly jacquard (32×30 yds.).
Inner Top Lid and Half Mesh
 FIG. 3 represents the parts of the inner top lid and half mesh cover. The inner shell is lined with a poly jacquard fabric cover (35×25 yds.) 1; half mesh pocket 21'' width×8'' height expandable 2 and has a 11/4'' zippered mesh cover made in poly jacquard material securely attached by hinges 3. (Length is adjusted to carrier size).
Top Shoe Holder Support
 This support for the shoes as shown in FIG. 4 reveals on top a '' thick composite hard fiberglass board that is 29'' length×203/4'' width (large, medium) and 143/4'' width (small) and is covered with poly jacquard material; has flexible dual hinges 28'' length riveted onto back edge of holders board and inner frame 4; 14'' linear×5'' height×5'' width vented nylon material shoe holders 5 situated 1/2'' from each edge of support board 6 and '' between each shoe holder securely attached onto covered board; and the right side bottom is securely attached by Velcro support mounts 5''×1'' pieces spaced 5'' apart 7. (Length and width adjusted to case size).
Vented Nylon Shoe Holder
 FIG. 5 represents the shoe holder which is 14'' linear×5'' height×5'' width made with vented nylon material shoe holders 8 situated 1/2'' from each edge of support board and '' between each shoe holder securely attached onto covered board. There are zippers 9 on opposite ends to allow shoes to be securely situated in a staggered configuration.
Inner Support Frame
 FIG. 6 represents the inner frame which is made of composite hard fiberglass 29'' length×21'' width (large and medium), 15'' width (small)×11'' height, covered in poly jacquard fabric attached to support ledge 10 made of hard composite fiberglass saturated 51/2'' from inner bottom on front frame 12, with attached secured Velcro mounts 11, mounted 5'' apart and with flexible 28'' hinges 4 riveted connection.
Bottom Shoe Holder Board
 FIG. 7 represents the bottom shoe holder board is made of '' thick composite hard fiberglass board 13 measuring 29'' length×203/4'' width (large and medium) and 143/4'' width (small). It is covered with poly jacquard material with 14'' length×5'' height×5'' width vented nylon shoe holders 5 securely attached onto covered board. The shoe holders 5 are securely situated 1/2'' from edge of holder board and '' between shoe holder. (Length and width adjusted to carrier size).
Outer Bottom Lid Case
 FIG. 8 represents the outer bottom lid case. This part of the lid case consists of materials made from polycarbonate composite 14 with absorbent ABS molded into a square shape with a continuous hinge 15 attached to the outer back edge of casing. The dimensions of the three sizes:  Large: 29'' length×211/3'' width×11'' depth  Medium: 25'' length×211/3'' width×11'' depth  Small: 20'' length×151/3'' width×11'' depth
 The front bottom case has hard composite rubber support stands 16 and 360° spinning wheels 17.
Outer Bottom Lid Case
 FIG. 9 represents the other side of the outer bottom lid case. This part of the lid case is composed with the inner lining material made of poly jacquard material (38×34 yds.). There are top expandable tote handles 19 made of flexible rubber, cover end attachment with chrome plate and retractable aluminum dual telescopic push button handles 20, and a locking strap 18 for extra security.
 FIGS. 10, 11 and 12 represent The Footer from a three dimensional perspective referenced in first paragraph under `Detailed Description of Drawings`.
 FIG. 13 represents the closed Footer and shows how to open the shoe carrier.
Patent applications in class Wheeled
Patent applications in all subclasses Wheeled