Patent application title: Methods and Devices for BandHead Fantasy Sports Games
Zachary Daniel Boyle (West Babylon, NY, US)
IPC8 Class: AA63F300FI
Class name: Board games, pieces, or boards therefor piece moves over board having pattern sports or outdoor recreational activities
Publication date: 2012-04-26
Patent application number: 20120098194
A wristband fantasy sports game or wristband fantasy sports game played
along with an optional board or and optional online score and league
tracking system. The playing method comprises (a) selecting a wristband
game piece which has one athlete on one side and another athlete on the
opposite side or underside. In most versions of the game each wristband
has an offensive and defensive player of the same team (b) the opposing
player selects a wristband game piece of members comprised of the
opposing live sports game or event with one athlete named on each side of
the band (c) A live, or recorded sports game is played, on a television,
mobile device or computer or any other viewing device and the fantasy
1. Wristband game pieces that are used to play a fantasy sports game,
depicting real life athletic players names or numbers which represent the
chosen fantasy athletes.
2. The method of claim 1, further including a method of playing a game comprising: a. Gamer selects or chooses a wristband game piece with two real life players or athletes one player/athlete on the visible or outside of the wristband and player/athlete on the opposite/inside b. Gamer selects and places a wristband on their wrist. c. Game opponent selects and places a wristband of opposing real life players or athletes on their wrist. d. The wristband game piece may be made of rubber or similar material. e. The name and number of real life athletes will be depicted on the wristbands, the team of the real life player and a league logo may also be depicted on the wristbands, and the wristband will have a code to enter into online tracking play. f. Play begins begin watching a real life sports game, live, or on a television or mobile display device or recorded game comprising of the athletes who's names are listed on the players wristbands. g. Players play Head to Head and may play with multiple players to make one team vs another h. Players may play in leagues with multiple players or multiple teams
3. The method of claim 1, further including an optional game board used in addition to the wristband game pieces a. If the optional game board is used, a simple game piece marker will be placed on the board in accordance with the rule book for each team
4. The method of claim 1, further including utilizing the actions of real life athletes and or teammates named wristband players to determine the score or movements of the game pieces on the board in accordance with the rulebook and scoring system the players choose to use.
5. The method of claim 4, wherein the actions comprise of the real life players making a good action, or positive movement, good play, gaining yardage, or scoring points, will benefit the score of the wristband player.
6. The method of claim 4, wherein the actions comprise of the real life players making a negative action, negative movement, bad play, losing yardage, loss of points, or penalty will give a negative score to the wristband wearing player.
7. The method of claim 1, further including choosing an online scoring system to track the score of the garners game and track optional league play a. keeping score by using the game board, negate each others scores to move both pieces forward or backwards, a score which is equal to the real life sport points awarded for a score. b. Score card method is used by keeping a total score by writing down or memorizing each garners point total c. Garners may log in online to the optional score tracking system and enter their wristband game piece code embodied on the wristband game piece for the online scoring system to track their scores by they system automatically awarding standard points in accordance with the rules and automatically awarding extra points in accordance with the rules for exceptional plays
8. The method of claim 1, wherein Gamer 1 and gamer 2 flip their wristbands to show the player that is playing in accordance with the game on the outside (visible side) of the wristband.
9. The method of claim 1, further including changing wristbands in accordance with the rules
10. The method of claim 1, further including this game played along with the game of American Football, including but not limited to the NFL
11. The method of claim 1, further including this fantasy game played along with the game of Baseball, including but not limited to the MLB
12. The method of claim 1, further including this fantasy game played along with the game of Basketball, including but not limited to the NBA
13. The method of claim 1, further including this fantasy game played along with the game of Ice Hockey, including but not limited to the NHL
14. The method of claim 1, further including this fantasy game played along with the game of Race Car Driving, including but not limited to NASCAR
15. The method of claim 1, further including this fantasy game played along with the real life game of American Soccer or international Football.
16. The method of claims 1 and 2, further including a card or baseball type card to represent the player in place of the wristband game piece.
RELATED U.S. APPLICATION DATA
 This application claims priority pursuant to 35 USC 119 of U.S. Provisional Patent Application 61/402,400 filed Aug. 30, 2010, on which priority of the patent application is based and which is hereby incorporated by reference in its entirety. I claim priority to U.S. Provisional Patent Application 61/402,400 filed
BACKGROUND OF THE INVENTION
 1. Field of the Invention
 This invention relates to board games and fantasy sports games. In particular, fantasy sports games in conjunction with live sports games played head to head, or recorded sports games in which wristband game pieces with player names or markings are used. The wristband game pieces may be used along with a rulebook/Score Card scoring system or an optional planer board with artistic markings or an online internet live scoring system that can track league play throughout an entire season. Garners may play one on one, two on one, or any combination of players against one another. The instant invention allows Garners that enjoy fantasy sports games to enjoy any game where they can play with another Gamer. This instant invention can make a otherwise boring game very exciting by allowing Garners to play along with the game.
 2. Description of Related Art
 American Football, Race Car driving, Soccer, Baseball, Basketball, and Ice Hockey are all well known sports. Many games have been created to stimulate these games, and to allow two players to enjoy playing different versions or reenactments of these games. Many of these games involve boards, rules, scoring systems, computers, cards, dice and game pieces. The invention is to provide a live fantasy sports game that is fun to play and involves a key element of wristband game pieces, with other optional components comprising of; a planner board, a rulebook, a scoring system, online scoring system, and online tracking system which may be used to play with multiple players in very small or very large leagues of players. Game boards of various types have been utilized in the prior art, wherein U.S. Pat. No. 5,332,215 issued Jul. 26, 1994 is an example of a planer game board, the instant invention utilizes an optional board but the key game element is the fantasy wristband. Wristbands of various types have been utilized in the prior art, wherein U.S. patent application Ser. No. 10/900,534 Filed Jul. 28, 2004 is a rubber wristband, the instant invention utilizes the wristband as a game piece to play a fantasy sports game. There are many Fantasy sports games where most involve an element of chance by rolling dice or utilizing cards to re-enact the players, the instant invention utilizes live or real life action to stimulate the movement of the game and does not rely on these random chance movements. There are also many Fantasy computer game methods utilized in the prior art, the instant invention uses the wristband game pieces as the key element of the game and an optional online score tracking and league tracking system by entering the code on the wristband game piece into an online tracking website. The instant invention online tracking and scoring system includes a standard scoring system along with a big play score to allow for a higher score awarded for a great play or athletic movement by the real life athletes. The instant invention allows for a new method of playing online fantasy sports by having very large elimination leagues.
SUMMARY OF THE INVENTION
 A board game and wristband or wristband game piece playing method comprises (a) selecting a wristband game piece which has one athlete on one side and another athlete on the opposite side or underside. In most versions of the game each wristband has an offensive and defensive player of the same team (b) the opposing player selects a wristband game piece with one offensive player and one defensive player on the opposite or underside. (c) A live, or recorded sports game is played, on a television, mobile device or computer or any other viewing device (d) if a planer board is utilized a positioning marker on a board will move in accordance of the scoring system and actions of the selected players, of the live or recorded game, on the corresponding visible side of the wristband on the garners (game players) wrists. The instant invention makes any professional or college sports game more fun for Garners to enjoy.
BRIEF DESCRIPTION OF THE DRAWING(S)
 FIG. 1. Is a view of a wristband game piece with named players listed on the inside and outside of the wristband
 FIG. 2. Depicts the wristband game piece on a gamer's wrist. FIG. 3. Is a diagram of a American Football Style Board game and game markers FIG. 4. Is a diagram of a Baseball Style Board Game and game markers FIG. 5. Is a board diagram of a Race-car Style Board Game and game markers FIG. 6. Is a board diagram of a Basketball Style Board Game FIG. 7 Is a board diagram of a Ice Hockey Style Board Game FIG. 8. is a step diagram showing the method steps of embodiment of the invention
DETAILED DESCRIPTION OF THE INVENTION
 Herein, the conjunction "and" is intended to be inclusive and the conjunction "or" is not intended to be exclusive unless otherwise indicated. For example, the phrase "or, alternatively" is intended to be exclusive. Those who play the wristband fantasy sports game are called "garners"
 The wristband referring specifically 1 which may be comprised of a rubber or similar material is the key element of this game. A wristband FIG. 1 is selected by Gamer 1 and another wristband FIG. 1 with opposing team players is selected by Gamer 2. Each wristband has one athlete on one side FIG. 1B and another athlete named on the opposite side or underside FIG. 1C. In most versions of the game each wristband has an offensive and defensive player of the same team. Two garners decide to play a game at the beginning or at any point of a live or televised real life game event. A live, or recorded sports game is played, on a television, mobile device or computer or any other viewing device and the Garners follow along with the game. Referring to FIG. 2 the visible or shown athlete on the wristband will generate the most amount of points for the Gamer. Referring specifically to 1B which is the exterior or visible player, the band may be flipped or reversed by turning the band over which makes the interior player FIG. 1C now the exterior or shown. If the team advances or retreats the Garners are awarded team points or deducted team points separately from their named exterior player FIG. 1B points. If a gamer forgets to flip his or her band and the interior player FIG. 1C makes a play or gains points the points are negated for not flipping the band in accordance with the rule book FIG. 1E. The opposing gamer does not have to alert their opponent that they forgot to flip their band.
 A method of keeping score is chosen in accordance with the instant invention fantasy sports game which includes 3 major options:
 Option 1: keeping a written score of garners in accordance with a score card FIG. 1F which determines the amount of points awarded or deducted for each action, and totaling at the end of the game to determine the winner.
 Method of game score tracking Option 2: Another method of keeping score is by utilizing a game board and game board markers in accordance with the wristband game pieces. Game Board examples FIG. 3, FIG. 4, FIG. 5, FIG. 6, or FIG. 7 are plainer boards with simple art which utilizes the rule book 1E. outlaying the direction and method of play which also utilizes the Score Card FIG. 1F. FIG. 3A, FIG. 4A, FIG. 5A are all examples of the simple game piece markers which are placed on a Board FIG. 3, 4, 5, 6, or 7 at the starting point in accordance with the rule book FIG. 1E. The positioning of the game piece markers ex: FIG. 3A, 4A, 5A move in accordance of the score card and rule book via the real life team and athletes actions selected players, of the live or recorded game, on the corresponding visible side of the wristband on the garners (game players) wrists. Utilizing Option 2 method of play the Garners are allowed to knock over their opponents game marker when they advance and the opponent has to retrieve the game marker. Utilizing Option 2 method of play the Garners must vote to award extra points for what they consider a "BandHead play" which is a big play or an exceptional athletic play or a key play which is crucial to the movement of the real life game, this is included in the Rule Book FIG. 1E. In 50/50 decisions the person to decide if it was a big play is the first person or non-gamer they ask. If there is no one to ask a coin is flipped to award the winner of extra points.
 Method of score tracking Option 3: utilizes an online or internet tracking system, the gamer enters the Wristband Code FIG. 1D and his or her opponent enters their code, the online system awards points automatically based on the game chosen when real life play begins. The online system adds or takes away extra points for what the website operator considers a big play, a key play or "BandHead Play". The control over what is considered a big play or "BandHead Play" is taken away from the garners in Option 3 only. With Option 3 method of score tracking Garners may enter into large leagues which randomly select who plays who. The online tracking system allows Garners to form leagues and play for an entire season up to and including the championship. Each Gamer can be given a new team each week and a total score can be tallied throughout the season. The Garners and League Administrator (Chosen by the garners) will decide on how many garners they want in the league and how the league is structured: example is an elimination league could have 5,000 garners in which only half would advance each week, if there are 10 games in a season they would be left with about 5 players at the end of the season.
 FIG. 1E is a simple small rulebook which outlines rules of play for each version of the game. FIG. 1F is a simple Score Card which states the value for each action of the athlete or team. Garners may enter into one on one, or multiple player leagues play to play throughout a season. This game is designed but not limited to head to head play meaning two or more garners play versus each other. Garners may have teams an example would be 4 Garners play another 4 Garners. If 5 Garners want to play 4 Gamers, one of the members of the 4 Gamer team is allowed to wear 2 Wristbands.
 Specific Example Referring to FIG. 1. a wristband game piece with named players listed on both inside and outside of the wristband. The wristband is chosen by the gamer This wristband is an example of a wristband to play in accordance with American Football for the team the Pittsburgh Steelers. This specific band is representing the Offensive player Hines Ward and the Defensive player Troy Polomolu. The band can be flipped over to change from offense to defense. This wristband would be played in accordance with an American Football game with the Steelers playing another team. If the player Hines Ward made a catch and advanced the ball a total of 10 yards, the gamer would receive a credit for this reception and advancement. The Gamer would also receive "Team Points" for this advancement. If on the same play the Pittsburgh Steelers received a penalty of 15 yards after the reception, the minus yards would be deducted from the Garners score which could equate to a negative score. If this was considered a "BandHead play" or an exceptional key play by both garners in Option 1 and 2 method of play extra points would be awarded in accordance with the score card FIG. 1F. If this were Option 3 method of score tracking or online, extra points would be awarded only when the Website Administrator awards them.
 FIG. 2 shows how the band is worn on the Garners human hand
 FIG. 3 shows a standard game board for American Football version of play
 FIG. 3A shows Game markers to be placed on the Game Board FIG. 3. In accordance with the Rule book FIG. 1E these game pieces would start facing head to head on the 50th yard line. With this American Football Board game version of play or Option 2 method of American Football, garners would advance and retreat in accordance with the real life game until they reached the end zone and were awarded a Touchdown, 6 pts would be given. The Gamer that scored would be allowed to go for 2 extra points by gaining 5 spaces or by trying for a kick which would be 1 space. Gamers in Option 2 method of play could score a touchdown while their real life defense is playing.
 FIG. 4 shows a Baseball board game version, players start their markers 4A at position FIG. 4B and advance or retreat. Gamer 1 would advance towards base FIG. 4C while Gamer 2 would advance towards 3rd base FIG. 4D. Both players can move in unison where gamer 2's positive score moves Gamer 1 back so the Game Markers stay in unison, Or the players may move separately with the opposing Garners positive score not affecting the movement of the opposite players marker. It is up to the Garners to decide which way they chose to play. All rules of play are outlined in the rulebook for each sport.
 FIG. 5 Depicts a race car game board where garners could move separately like a standard race or in unison if they chose to. Movements in a race car game would be determined by the score card for racing or online scoring system.
 FIG. 6 Depicts a Basketball board game where Garners could move separately to increase scoring like a standard basketball game, or in unison if they chose to. In this version garners would move along the dashes or the dashes art could be made to form spaces.
 FIG. 7 Depicts an Ice Hockey board game where Garners could move separately to increase scoring like a standard basketball game, or in unison if they chose to. In this version garners would move along the dashes or the dashes art could be made to form spaces.
 FIG. 8 depicts the standard method of playing a game from A the start, to selecting bands B, C, to utilizing the game board and markers D. In a head to head one on one version of play The game would begin with A and follow I and J and repeat I and J until K, L end game. In online play leagues of many or few garners would follow A through L and continue on to M to start a new game A through L until the final game or championship game determines the winner.