Patent application title: VARIABLE PILOTING SYSTEM FOR CRAFT
Gabriele Canali (Brescia, IT)
IPC8 Class: AB63B2900FI
Class name: Ships building cabins
Publication date: 2010-05-06
Patent application number: 20100107952
The invention concerns a piloting system for craft, in particular planing
craft, according to which the cabin, that comprises a dashboard complete
with navigation instruments, a device for controlling the rudder and at
least one seat for the pilot, being moveable at least in height compared
to the deck of the craft, and under the control of the pilot between a
lowered and raised position, moving through several intermediate stages,
to modify the range of visibility from inside towards the outside of the
1. A piloting system for craft, in particular planing craft, the system
comprising:a cabin comprising a dashboard complete with navigation
instruments, a device for controlling the rudder and at least one seat
for the pilot, said cabin being moveable at least in height compared to
the deck of the craft between a lowered position and a raised position,
said cabin moving through several intermediate stages, to modify the
range of visibility from inside towards the outside of the craft.
2. A piloting system for craft, in particular planing craft, the system comprising:a piloting system arrangement comprising a dashboard with navigation instruments, a device for controlling the rudder and at least one seat for the pilot, said piloting system arrangement being set up on a platform comprising a floor for the pilot, guided vertically above the dashboard of the craft, said floor being supported by means for moving said platform upwards and supplied with devices for positioning and blocking said platform at different heights between two bottom and top end positions.
3. A piloting system according to claim 2, wherein said platform is placed and guided in a well which rises from the deck of the craft, said well comprising one or more lateral walls with a possible opening access to the platform and at least two facing walls with vertical guide means connected to the platform for movements of said platform in an upwards direction.
4. A piloting system according to claim 2, wherein said platform is associated with actuators for changing a height of said platform and said platform has blocking bolts to hold said platform in position at different heights, said bolts engaging with the lateral walls forming said well.
5. A piloting system according to claim 4, wherein said actuators and said bolts are hydraulic and fed by a circuit controlled by a controller.
6. A piloting system according to claim 3, wherein said platform is associated with actuators for changing a height of said platform and said platform has blocking bolts to hold said platform in position at different heights, said bolts engaging with the lateral walls forming said well.
FIELD OF THE INVENTION
This invention concerns in general craft with sight navigation, and in particular planing craft, and regards specifically the piloting equipment for such craft.
STATE OF TECHNIQUE
To pilot the type of craft taken into consideration herein they usually have a bridge with navigation instruments, a rudder control system and a steering position for the pilot with one or more seats.
One of the considerations for reliable and safe sight navigation with this type of craft is good visibility both when under acceleration, when cruising and when at low speed on approaching and docking in the port. This condition can however depend from time to time on the height of the pilot cabin position, the positioning of the instruments, the stature of the pilot, the distance of the bridge from the bow, and even decrease or fail during acceleration and deceleration phases, when the craft, that is, modifies its inclination compared to the horizon as happens in particular with planing craft.
Generally, on this type of craft, the piloting cabin with the piloting command and control means is static, that is the positions do not change, which obliges the pilot to move, to stand up and to stretch forward, sometimes into difficult and uncomfortable positions and conditions, searching each time for a better view towards the bow based on his stature and/or inclination during acceleration and when planing.
OBJECTS OF THE INVENTION
One of the objects of this invention is to create the conditions so as to be able to ensure the best visibility for the pilot from the piloting position on the craft, whatever the attitude it undertakes while navigating.
Correspondingly, a further object of the invention is to equip a craft with variable positioning piloting equipment that enables the pilot to manage comfortably by changing his piloting position as he wishes and to consequently have better forward visibility in relation to the bow and to any inclination the craft undertakes in the water.
These objects and implicit advantages deriving from them are achieved by a piloting system for craft according to which the pilot's post, including the bridge with the navigation instruments, the control device of the rudder and at least one chair for the pilot, is movable at least in height on the dashboard between a lowered and a raised position moving through several intermediate positions in order to modify the visibility field of the pilot towards the bow.
For this purpose, the piloting equipment is set up on a platform that forms a floor for the pilot and that is guided at least in height inside a well, supported by devices to move it vertically and being equipped with means for positioning and blocking it at different heights between the two extreme lowered and raised positions.
BRIEF DESCRIPTION OF THE DRAWINGS
The enclosed drawings schematically illustrate a purely indicative example of the piloting system proposed herein and that will be described below in greater detail. In said drawings:
FIG. 1 shows an overall view from above of the system according to the invention;
FIG. 2 shows a cross section view towards the bow of the system in FIG. 1 in the lowered position;
FIG. 3 shows a similar view of the piloting system but in a raised position;
FIGS. 4 and 5 show a longitudinal section of the system respectively in the lowered and raised positions corresponding to FIGS. 2 and 3;
FIG. 5a shows an enlarged detail of a guide for the movable platform in height; and
FIG. 6 shows a plan view of the platform with associated means for positioning in height and for blocking.
DETAILED DESCRIPTION OF THE INVENTION
In the example shown, 11 roughly indicates part of a craft with a platform 12 from which a well 13 rises formed by a pair of opposite walls with a possible access opening 14 and a couple of facing walls each supporting vertical guide means 15. A platform 16 is assembled in said well which slides in the guides and is movable in height, in parallel, between a lowered and raised position. The platform 16 forms a standing area 16' for the pilot and contains a dashboard 17 with the navigation control instruments 18, a rudder command unit 19, plus a cockpit 20 with one or more seats.
For its movements in height sliding in the vertical guides 15 (FIGS. 2 and 3), the platform 16 is connected to lifting actuators 21, which can be hydraulic cylinders with several stages, fed by an hydraulic circuit--not represented--which can be controlled according to requirements by the pilot by means of a controller.
The platform 16 is furthermore equipped with blocking devices 22 to stop it at different levels between the extreme lowered and raised positions.
These blocking devices 22 can be made up of hydraulic bolts conveniently fed in the same way as the lift actuators and designed to engage at different levels with the lateral walls of the well FIG. 6.
Consequently, the piloting equipment described above has variable positioning at least in height to enable the pilot to find the best position as regards to the horizon, regardless of his stature, for maximum external visibility. And this is both when starting with the craft still not moving and then during all the manoeuvring and navigating phases, without the pilot having to move and change position, as he always has the command and control devices within correct and easy reach.
Patent applications in class Cabins
Patent applications in all subclasses Cabins