See also 170. FORM .
- the quality or condition of lacking symmetry. — asymmetrical, asymmetric, adj.
- Botany. the condition of having two planes of symmetry at right angles to one another. — bisymmetric, bisymmetrical, adj.
- 1. the state exhibited by a crystal, having three unequal axes with one oblique intersection; the state of being monoclinic. See also 44. BIOLOGY .
- 2. Biology. the state of being zygomorphic, or bilaterally symmetric, or divisible into symmetrical halves by one plane only. See also zygomorphism. See also PHYSICS. — monosymmetric, monosymmetrical, adj.
- a mania for symmetry.
- an abnormal fear or dislike of symmetry.