See also 355. RIGHT .
- motion or a tendency to move to the left, as the motion of the eye.
- rotation toward the left; counterclockwise rotation, a characteristic of the plane of polarization of light. — levorotatory , adj .
- the state or process of turning to the left.
- the state or quality of being left-handed or oriented towards the left in other ways, as a shell with counterclockwise spirals. Also sinistration . — sinistral , adj .
- levorotation. Also called levogyration . — sinistrogyric , adj .