See also 213. HUMOR .
- relating to foolish or excessive laughter. [Allusion to Democritus, the laughing philosopher, born in Abdero.]
- raucous laughter; loud whinnying.
- geloscopy, gelotoscopy
- a form of divination that determines a person’s character or future from the way he laughs.
- the quality or condition of being merry or cheerful. — jocund , adj .
- an abnormal fear or dislike of ridicule.
- 1. the ability or disposition to laugh.
- 2. a humorous awareness of the ridiculous and absurd.
- 3. laughter.