See also 310. PERFORMING .
- a drama expressed in dance or with dance as an integral part of its content and form.
- 1. the art of composing dances for the stage, especially in conceiving and realizing the movements of the dancers.
- 2. the technique of representing dance movements through a notational scheme.
- 3. the art of dancing. Also called choregraphy, orchesography . — choreographer , n. — choreographic , adj.
- a mania for dancing.
- a striptease performer or exotic dancer.
- choreography. Also orchesis, orchestics .
- Rare. the act of dancing. — tripudiary , adj.